+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Doomsday: It definitely felt very Resident Evil to me. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't something I'd rush to see again.
    The Hammer: It was dorky, but it was cute. I liked it.
    War Games: The Dead Code: It's premised to be a sequel to the original. It wasn't bad. It was probably as good as the first one.
    Street Kings: Really liked it. However, it was very predictable and I knew right away who was good and who wasn't.

The Long Weekend, an Australian eco-horror, written by the guy who wrote Razorback (on my must-buy list) and filmed in the 70s. Very good and vaguely depressing. It turns out that there is a remake being done, starring Jim Caviezel, which I am really disappointed by. I have come to the realization that the only films that should be remade are the bad ones, in the hopes of doing it better. Good films are already good and don't need to be improved upon.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

The Babysitters: Errr definitely not the movie I expected and definitely NOT kid friendly. Far from.
    Meet Bill: I really liked it. It was different. It reminded me a lot of the way "The Upside of Anger" was. It wasn't the usual, yet in some ways, it really was.
    Asylum: Your typical low-budget horror/thriller movie.

I'm slowly catching up on all the movies I've missed out on. Only about 30 more to go to get caught up till June/July

Indiana Jones: The Kingdom Of the Crystal Skull: Not the best IJ movie out. I thought it was just okay. I agree with other posters that it was too Sci-Fi'ish. I love Sci-Fi movies but not for IJ. Good to see Karen Allen on the scene again and Shia Labouf was great as IJ's son. But, although I own the other IJ movies, this one is not going in my collection (at least not unless my husband sees it and changes my mind).
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

The Promotion: I thought it was cute. It's one of the few movies where I thought that Sean William Scott wasn't acting like a total... immature guy.

Smart People: I liked it, in an odd sort of way. It's not the typical film I tend to go for, but it worked and it didn't seem to drag whatsoever.

Midnight Meat Train: Fearnet's Original movie directed and written by Clive Barker. This man is a total genius! This is a very gruesome movie so it's definitely NOT for anyone with a weak stomach. For anyone wanting to watch it, it's on Fearnet On Demand.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Never Back Down: It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything special.
    Redbelt: It was just weird. I didn't like it and thought it was rather boring.
    21: Not bad at all. Wouldn't give it a second watch, but worth watching once.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

An American Crime.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Iron Man: I never really care too much for Robert Downey, Jr. but my husband wanted to rent this and I was pleasantly surprised. I'd watch it again.
    Leatherheads- loved George Clooney and Renee Zellwegger in this and the guy from The Office, can't remember his name. Curious as to whether this was based on a true story or not - anyone know? Not really into following football and did not realize that college ball back in the early days totally eclipsed pro ball. Guess I should have realized that. I do think that Clooney is beginning to "mug" in his movies a little much, though.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Stop Loss: Definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. It was a little long for my liking and there were parts that kind of just didn't fit with the story, but overall, not too bad at all.
    Rogue:Was not expecting what happened to Michael Vartan's character at the end. Nor what happened to some of the others either. Not a bad croc movie though.
    The Secret: It was a really good movie.. almost too good. There were some parts that I found somewhat unsettling, but overall a much better supernatural type movie than Premonition.
    Insanitarium: Bleeeeh, a typical thriller/gore movie with Jesse Metcalf. Yuck!

+ Reply to Thread