+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I'm watching The Happening right now. So far so bizarre.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I'm going to rent that on Friday night. I know it had horrible reviews, but I'm so curious, I've got to see it.

I rented The Love Guru over the weekend...... it was ok but not as funny as I thought it would be.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover
    I'm going to rent that on Friday night. I know it had horrible reviews, but I'm so curious, I've got to see it.
    I really liked it. Very weird (like most of M. Night Shamalyan's (sp?) stuff. I almost wish they would've cast someone else instead of Mark Wahlberg and I thought that Zooey's acting was really bad but the story itself was very interesting and eerie.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Semi Pro: It was crude, but I really liked it. It was a light way to spend my morning.
    Be Kind Rewind: DEfinitely not what I expected. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. I enjoyed it.

The Happening: Truly bizarre movie, but also I really liked it. More than some of his other films.
    Joy Ride 2: As good as the original.. not saying much, but it wasn't bad for your typical horror film that tries to have a premise.
    You Don't Mess with the Zohan: Ugh, not a good movie, but Adam Sandler looked really built in it. Was that a body double?!

The Love Guru: Eeeeh, I was disappointed. It was not what I thought it would be.

Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay: Okay, this will be bad, but I laughed.. a lot. It wasn't a great movie, but it wasn't terrible either. It was just.. what I thought it would be.

You Don't Mess with the Zohan: Adam Sandler and the other actors in this should be ashamed of themselves. I thought it was horrible. Yeah, I laughed a time or two but it was overall very disappointing.

Baby Mama: I really enjoyed this. It was sweet and heartwarming and funny all at the same time. Of course I love Greg Kinnear so maybe that had a lot to do with my opinion on it.

I'm still trying to get through Speed Racer and should probably go ahead and send it back so that I can get the next movie in my queue. But I have this affliction that if I rent a movie, I must watch it no matter how terrible (Zohan for ex.)

Recently watched The Bucket List too and thought the chemistry between JN and MF was really good. Plus I wish some rich benefactor would pay for me to travel the world but not because we're dying. It does make you think about your life and the things you'd like to accomplish.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Sex in the City the Movie : .....loved the clothes...but I didn't like the ending. However, made me want to call my girl friends and made me feel better about turning 35.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan
    Recently watched The Bucket List too and thought the chemistry between JN and MF was really good. Plus I wish some rich benefactor would pay for me to travel the world but not because we're dying. It does make you think about your life and the things you'd like to accomplish.
    I watched this with my husband and his family. I loved it. Very touching. That whole thing about thinking about what to accomplish, it actually makes me think of the Toby Keith song "My List" which pretty much says that there are more important things than "going to the grocery store". Things like, spending a couple of hours with your kids. I do have that list of things I'd like to accomplish, though. Places I'd like to visit. One such place is the Holy Land.

The Happening - I didn't think it was bad. I like Mark Whalberg, but didn't like Zooey so much. I thought John Leguizamo (sp?) did a great job in his role! I think it got a bad rap. It was definitely better than I expected based on what I had heard about it.

What Happens in Vegas - It movie was pretty good. It had all of the ingredients of a really good movie, but for some reason it just didn't come together for me. It was good, but definitely not great.

+ Reply to Thread