+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 420 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

-sarah-
    Where The Heart Is (i love that movie)

This thread reminds me - I haven't rented a movie in weeks. Time to get off my butt and rent a few.

Okay, I got off my butt and rented one last night. "Sweet Home Alabama" (what can I say, Reese Witherspoon is hot)...

It wasn't a TERRIBLE movie, but it just didn't press my buttons. Reese didn't look like she was emotionally connected through the whole movie, to anyone. Things were too frenetic and choppy to make a whole lot of the story flow together nicely...

Just seems like they tried to stuff 10 pounds of movie into a 5-pound sack, and came up with a loser.

Isn't he adorable!:) LrdOfTheRng22's Avatar
    I haven't seen Sweet Home Alabama yet, but I would like to see it sometime.
    Anyway, I just rented The Ring, Maid in Manhatten, One Hour Photo, and Jackass the movie. The Ring was the most creepy movie I have seen in a long while, but not the scariest. Maid in Manhatten was all right..just a typical love story. Jackass the movie was just plain silly. And I haven't watched One Hour Photo yet.

We rented the Bourne Identy which my husband loved, I thought it was ok
    and Billy Connelly 30 years of stand up...which was ok, I liked him years ago and some his stuff is funny but some of it I didn't get at all.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Borrowed Quigley Down Under from Wayner several weeks ago and finally watched it Saturday night. It was pretty good. Would've been better if Tom Selleck had delivered his folksy lines a little better. Also wasn't enamored of the Laura San Giacomo subplot. Alan Rickman was his usual splendid self, though.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Ooooo! I love Alan Rickman. He is deliciously evil. So sneaky looking!

I rented Femme Fetale with Rebecca Romijn Stamos and Antonio Bandares(Peter Cayote too) this weekend. I really liked it. I did not think I would but had passed it up too many times when my Hubby wanted it. I gave in and saw a pretty good movie.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Quigley Down Under, huh? I haven't seen that in a long time, but I remember liking it too. If I ever feel the need to watch a Tom Selleck western though, I put in Crossfire Trail. (Not that I ever really feel the need to watch a Tom Selleck western , but David O'Hara has a great part in it. I've probably seen it 5 or 6 times for that very reason. )

Feif, I'm glad Femme Fatale is good. I bought it when it came out, but I haven't seen it yet.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Isn't he adorable!:) LrdOfTheRng22's Avatar
    Who is in Femme Fatale and what is it about? comedy, romance, horror, action, or drama?

I just rented "Following", Christopher Nolan's first film, shot before he did "Memento". I really liked it. Even if it's very rough--it was apparently shot on the sly in London without permits--it already display's Nolan's mastery in writing & directing a thrilling, challenging film that must be pieced together like a puzzle--a puzzle whose picture is only clear upon completion. It's a kind of like film noir, deconstructed.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread