+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Lorenzo's Oil: What a beautiful movie. I'm not a huge Sarandon fan but she was brilliant in this. Very moving movie. I give it a 9 out of 10 just because I wish they had picked someone else to play the mom instead of Sarandon.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fan

We watched The Bucket List last night and loved it. I don't think I read good reviews, but heard some people talking about how good it was. I thought the chemistry between Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson was perfect. (JN sometimes comes across as a 'better than you' snob, and at first I expected it from him, but he wasn't in this film) I just loved it!

I watched Shutter last night. Unfortunately I did not agree with the positive reviews that prompted me to watch it. I really did not like it at all. I jumped a couple of times, but couldn't say this movie was really all that scary. I predicted just about everything that was going to happen before it happened and overall it was very formulaic. The entire flow was very reminiscent of The Ring, except without the good storyline. My husband and teenage son had pretty much the same opinion. JMO.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3145248;
    We watched The Bucket List last night ...
    i'm watching that right now ... i'm about 2/3 through the movie.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3145464;
    i'm watching that right now ... i'm about 2/3 through the movie.

Let me know what you think. It isn't very often that I say I absolutely loved a movie, but I did this one. I found it funny, sad and uplifting at the same time. We should all write our own bucket lists! (and I laughed for minutes about the saying "Never trust a fart" LOLOLOL)

Masquerade: As a Rob Lowe fan, I can't believe I'd never seen this before now. I really liked it. Talk about twists and turns. This movie had them all over the place. Rather intriguing and RL looked h-o-t as usual. I also watched Stir of Echoes 2 This was pretty good. I just hate that it wasn't in any way connected with the first one. I hate it when they make sequels that aren't connected (characters or anything) with the original. But I thought the story was very interesting. And yes, another Lowe movie. He was great as a Desert Storm soldier and I thought they played up the PTSD angle very well. The visions were creepy at best and when the full story was told, I was sitting for a good 2 minutes with my mouth on the floor. Also this week, I watched Stand By Me again. That movie never gets old. And The Faculty I forgot EW was in that movie. In fact I had forgotten almost everything about it because it had been so long since I'd seen it. All in all a very good week for movie rentals. I'm still interested in seeing 10,000 BC and 21 but would like to get some other input about them first. Are they worth the rental?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3146025;
    I'm still interested in seeing 10,000 BC and 21 but would like to get some other input about them first. Are they worth the rental?
    I guess my "bottom line" for 10,000 BC would be that it is fun and worth the rental if you are not concerned about the historical accuracy (because I don't think there was any )

National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets - It was fun, pretty much the same formula as the first one.

This Film Is Not Yet Rated - This one is a documentary about the MPAA Ratings system (the people who stamp movies with 'G' through 'NC-17' ratings). I thought it was very interesting and full of stuff I didn't know. For one thing, I was unaware that the board members are kept secret, so there is really no public scrutiny over the system. I know I have watched my share of movies where I was perplexed by the rating it was given!! Another topic they discussed a great deal was how sex is MUCH more likely in America to get a more restricted rating then is violence, but it is the opposite in Europe. I find that even my perception has been affected by this "cultural weirdness" - I know I will be more uncomfortable sitting through a sexual scene with one of my kids in the room than I would be sitting through a violent scene. It is really no wonder that many people from other countries think America has a violent culture - we are constantly portraying ourselves this way through our cinema! My warning would be to pay attention to the fact that THIS movie is rated NC-17 because it shows significant amounts of footage that has caused other movies to be stamped with this rating -- I was not expecting that when I first sat down to watch it!

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar

Watched Vantage Point last night, but my husband of course guessed half way through who the baddie was and it was so obvious once he pointed it out. Good action thriller though!
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

21 - What a great movie!! I almost want to buy it it was that good!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3146945;
    21 - What a great movie!! I almost want to buy it it was that good!
    Just finished watching 21. I agree, it was a really great movie!!

Does anyone here have suggestions for a few good Bollywood movies? I have been interested in checking some out, but don't know where to start. I would be interested in anything fun with music and dancing.

+ Reply to Thread