+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I actually just started wataching Shutter So far so good. Why is it all these creepy, ghosty type stories lately seem to take place in Japan?? LOL Are they trying to tell us something? Maybe I should stay away from Japan for a while, huh?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3131095;
    Has anyone seen Shoot 'em Up yet? It has Clive Owen in it so I was anxious to see this one. OMG!! It's the cheeziest 'shoot 'em up' movie I've seen that was released after 1955! I really hope it was intentional and the whole thing was meant to be tongue in cheek other wise.... OMG just SO bad! One good point: lots of sexy, brooding, unshaven Clive.
    Yeah, I watched this one a while back. I am certain the whole thing was meant to be tongue in cheek. I didn't hate it, but I just couldn't take it seriously - I think it lost me in the fight sequence where he was literally throwing the "baby" around

I liked Clive Owen much more in Children of Men and Sin City.

Okay I just got finished watching Shutter and all I can say, again, is WOW! I absolutely love Josh Jackson and he was once again brilliant. This movie scared the crap out of me. It raised the question of whether or not "Spirit Photography" is real or fake. I'm starting to really believe that it is possible to see spirits or "orbs" in pictures. Example, if you take a picture of a child who is clearly standing alone in the picture (no reflections, no one standing next to him and the photographer is the only other person there) and when you get it developed, there is what appears to be a white light or maybe even a ghostly figure next to him. I truly believe that maybe that is someone from the other side. Why they appear to different people is a mystery. As explained in the movie it could be a number of different reasons. Unrequited love, unfinished business, extreme love or hate. The majority of the time, the figure that appears in the photo is a deceased relative or friend. It kind of scares me to think that someone could take a picture of me and suddenly the figure of my mom, dad, aunt or best friend could be standing next to me in the picture.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3131835;
    Okay I just got finished watching Shutter and all I can say, again, is WOW! I absolutely love Josh Jackson and he was once again brilliant. This movie scared the crap out of me. It raised the question of whether or not "Spirit Photography" is real or fake.
    I didn't realize that was the topic of the movie. I may have to go add that one to my Netflix, it sounds like something my DH might enjoy.

Yes. Shutter was about a couple (the husband played by JJ) who discover weird lights showing up on what was supposed to be a perfect roll of film while they're in Tokyo during a fashion shoot. JJ is a professional photographer. The image is that of a girl who JJ's character knew from years before. But that's all I'll say. I can't say anymore without giving everything away but they do look into the validity of Spirit Photography.

Ummm..DH??

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3132058;
    Ummm..DH??
    DH = "Dear Husband"

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

hmmmm, sounds interesting, nilesgirl ... i'm gonna go add it to my netflix

I've seen the Asian Shutter and it was really good. I'm looking forward to renting the American version.
    Yup, with donuts!!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i'm such a wuss when i watch scary movies ... i was just watching the trialer for shutter and my cell phone did the little text message ringtone and i about jumped out of my skin!

MRD

Have you guys heard of the box that you can buy from Netflix that you can attach to your tv and you don't have to get the DVD's in the mail anymore? It's basically on demand movies. I just heard a snippet about it. The box is only $99.
    I thought it was a fabulous idea, but again, I don't know the entire story because I came in in the middle of it.
    Thought some of you might know more about it. Boy would that make renting movies that much easier!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread