+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

MRD

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I just watched World Trade Center.

I couldn't bring myself to watch it when it first came out. It was still a hard movie to watch.

LOVED Charlie Wilson's War DR. And I also loved the Great Debaters CW. I like movies like both of those, because then I will go and do research on the people and events they are about which I did as a result of both movies. So while some movies may not be as historically accurate, I like that they inspire me to learn more about the subjects and the people.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

"Enchanted". Loved it! It was nice to watch a G-rated movie for a change. It was cute and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3089009;
    ...I didn't see the original Japanese version so I can't compare the two but I really enjoyed this...
    This comment just reminded me of a movie that I watched a while back that I found very intriguing. It is a Korean horror flick called A Tale of Two Sisters and the IMDB link is here: Janghwa, Hongryeon (2003)

I actually just stumbled across it and thought it looked interesting. It was beautifully filmed and very strange. I finished it and actually went looking for other peoples' opinions online because I was left not really sure if I knew what happened - then I watched it a second time with these additional opinions in mind!! I recommend it for people who are interested in the Asian horror film genre. Warning: If you are thinking about watching it, do NOT read spoilers beforehand.

Also, I just ran across the fact that they are doing a remake (assuming in English - The Uninvited (2009)). I HIGHLY recommend watching the Korean version before this one comes out!

Cold Creek Manor - 03 - Dennis Quaid, Sharon Stone, Suspense - OK. A bit predictable.

The Love Crimes of Gillian Guest - 04 - Joely Collins - strange. Just strange.

Vanity Fair - 04 - Resse Witherspoon Eileen Atkins - Great! Really enjoyed it.

Intolerable Cruelty - 03 - George Clooney, Catherine Zeta Zones - Pretty Good
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The Bucket List - what can I say.... I'm not really a feel good movie type person but I had to see it. Loved it! Cried like a child!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Whisper: Loved it. Josh Holloway is as sexy as ever and there were some great scenes in it. Great twist near the end, too.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Catacombs - A complete waste of time. Poor acting, I had no sympathy for the lead character and was just stupid all around.

10,000 BC. It reminded me a lot of Apocalypto. Visually it was pretty entertaining, and some of the CGI stuff was great, particularly the mammoths and the pyramids. The sabre-tooth tiger was disappointing, though.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3089940;
    10,000 BC. It reminded me a lot of Apocalypto. Visually it was pretty entertaining, and some of the CGI stuff was great, particularly the mammoths and the pyramids. The sabre-tooth tiger was disappointing, though.
    It did remind me of Apocalypto too. We enjoyed it.

Right now I'm watching a documentary called All my Babies filmed in Georgia in 1950's. Originally to be a midwife training film it really does a great job showing the living conditions during that time frame.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Straightheads/Closure.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread