+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I On Demanded Rosemary's Baby: This is the very first time I've ever seen this movie from the beginning. I always turned it on when she's already in labor. I'm sorry but I found the acting simply mediocre at best. It was a good movie for it's day, I suppose, but the acting didn't impress me. Perhaps if they were to remake it for today (Hint to Rob Zombie or anyone else who's into horror film remakes), and find some better actors/actresses, it will be a better film. Like Charlize Theron as Rosemary. That might be interesting. I noticed that Charles Grodin played Dr. Hill. Is this the same Charles Grodin from the Beethoven movies (or whatever he's been in)? I'm going to look that up. Because it didn't even look like him. Mia Farrow has always annoyed me but I had to see this movie because, as I said before, I'd never seen it from the beginning. Quite different from the book if I remember it correctly. Personally, I wish they wouldn't stray so far from the books when they make the movies.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

In Bruges is billed as a comedy - it's NOT. It's talky and circuitous.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

The Spiderwick Chronicles - A fantasy movie about a mom and her kids who move into an old mansion left to her by a relative. The mysteries ensue and there are a couple of cute little creatures and some not so cute ones. A good rental for the kids.

MRD

Mad Money.

I liked it. The combination of Diane Keaton, Ted Danson and Queen Latifah was really funny. It isn't the best movie ever, but it was entertaining for a Sat. afternoon.

I love Diane Keaton and Queen Latifah and they play off each other wonderfully. And so does Ted Danson.

Katie Holmes was pretty good, but everytime her face was on screen, I kept wondering about her and Tom Cruise.

But the movie was cute and funny.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Just a follow-up to my last post. I stand corrected regarding the movie "Rosemary's Baby" being different from the book. It was actually very faithful to the book. Still wish the acting would've been a little better though.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Definitely, Maybe - I really enjoyed this one. I had a few teary-eyed moments (good moments ). I enjoyed Abigail Breslen (sp?) much better in this movie than I did in No Reservations.

The Great Debaters - This was a very good movie. I expected a bit more, but I went in with very high expectations.

Jumper - Very good special effects, but mediocre plot. I felt like there were interesting plotlines that were never pursued (the background of his paladin mom, how jumpers came to be, etc.) and I was annoyed by things that were left unresolved (what happened to Griffin??). By the end it felt almost like the whole thing was just a set-up for a sequel.

Lars and the Real girl and Charlie Wilson's War. Two movies I really enjoyed.

I'm watching "The Eye" right now. It just started and so far I like it but that could be just because I love JA. I'll come back in once it's over and give you my full review.
    I also rented "The Whisper" with LOST's Josh Holloway. I can't wait to see that one!

We rented Lars and the Real Girl this weekend -- very sweet, touching movie.

We also watched Day Zero, which imagines that we're at war in the Middle East as we are now, but we still have the draft. Three friends get drafted, and the movie is about their different reactions to it. It was really quite good, I thought.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

The Eye: So I just finished watching this and all I can say is... "WOW!" Jessica Alba was brilliant. Some of the best scenes were
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when you saw Jessica looking into a mirror but instead of seeing her own face looking back at her, she was seeing the face of her donor.
    . Very very well done. Now, I didn't see the original Japanese version so I can't compare the two but I really enjoyed this. I only have 1 tiny little complaint and that is the 2nd to last scene.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when Sydney and Paul were getting everyone out of their cars to save them from the impending explosion and Sydney got her eyes damaged by shattering glass. I was kind of mad that they put her through all of that only to take her sight again! They could've let her just keep her sight.
    Now to watch "The Whisper".

+ Reply to Thread