+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

it SO isn't the kind of movie you expect it to be, is it?

I just saw fools Gold hahahaha its hilarious! my favorite part.

Daddy, the sea's all connected right?

uh...connected to what dear.

hahahaha

OKay finally also on demand'ed Lars and the Real Girl...excellent movie, I would not have done so without the previous reviews from my fellow FORT'rs.
    oh im the same way, I thought it looked so stupid, but everyone around me was just raving about it, so I decided to watch it, and I enjoyed it very much. You start feeling for that plastic woman haha.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Saw Jumper yesterday (it was already on its way when I read Uncle David's comment). I don't think it was tooo bad but they could have done so much more with it because I liked the premise. Next in my queue is 10,000 BC. Also recently watched The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford. I thought it was way to long and I fell asleep several times. In fact the movie was as long and drawn out as the title .

Ira and Abby It's not the world's best movie, but it is quirky, very New York City, and unlike most of the current comedies, actually funny. It's over the top with archetype characters played to the hilt by supporting cast members Judith Light, Frances Conroy, Robert Klein, Fred Willard, Jason Alexander, and more.

Think Dharma and Greg meets Bridget Loves Bernie meets Mad About You and throw in a collection of assorted therapists.

I also rewatched High Roller: The Stu Ungar story. It's another small film that is very good.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Grudge 2: Finally saw it all the way through. I liked it but not as much as the 1st one.
    Robin Hood Men In Tights: Okay, no matter how old this movie gets or how many times I see it, it just keeps getting funnier and funnier. I watched it today and I couldn't stop laughing!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I just got back from vacation so I've been trying to get caught up on my Netflix!

The Other Boleyn Girl - I really enjoyed this movie. I thought the acting was very good - you could really see Anne's decline and I felt torn between disliking her because of how she had gotten into her position and feeling sorry for the outcome. I kept wondering how historically accurate it was - mostly because I had never heard of Mary. I'm going to have to pop over to the thread on this movie and see if that issue is discussed there!!
    ETA: Went and read the thread on this movie. I think I may stop on the way home tonight and pick up this book since the discussion seems to agree that the book is better than the movie. The movie did make it feel as if this whole story happened VERY quickly - I remember thinking to myself while watching that I didn't realize they were married such a short period of time and apparently they weren't - the comments indicate that the story covered almost a decade!! I'm going to have to read up on the factual history behind this story also.

Untraceable - I really got this one by mistake because I didn't re-order my queue in time. It was pretty good from a "thriller" perspective. The whole torture stuff didn't sit well with me, it almost felt like a horror movie in places - I avoid movies like the Saw series because of that type of thing, I'm just not into it. However, it wasn't too gory like I would expect from a horror flick so I muddled through it. Spoiler:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I did have a hard time believing that she wouldn't have checked the backseat of her SUV before she got back in after he had disabled the electronics. She is a FBI agent and fell way too easily into that trap!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 06-26-2008 at 01:46 PM.

I found a lot of things like unbelievable about Untraceable.

I let my kids choose the movies and we ended up with Enchanted and Water Horse: Legend of the Deep. The first one to be dumber than dumb. The second one was enjoyable and I found myself watching it alone when the kids abandoned it. It was a little far-fetched but cute. Love the ending!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3081988;
    I found a lot of things like unbelievable about Untraceable.
    Good point!! I think I just got fixated on that one scene!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3070198;
    See, I liked it. What didn't you like about it, Uncle David?
    I can't really remember. I just remember yelling at the screen from almost the beginning of the movie.

Finally got around to watching Leaving Las Vegas. It took a while because I had heard the story was depressing. Well, the story was, but the movie was brilliant. What a masterpiece in film making. And, although I don't like Nicolas Cage, I thought he did a remarkable job in bringing the character to life. I've never known someone like Ben Sanderson, but the character Cage portrayed was completely believable. Hard to do when there's no real reference point. And Elisabeth Shue. Wow! I was not surprised at how sexy she was, but I was taken aback by the depth of her character. The subtle nuances to her performance. She was robbed at the Academy Awards and the Golden Globes.

13 years later and this movie still stands as a tour de force.

MRD

The Bucket List.

It was good. Not great. I really expected it to be so much with considering the subject and Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.

I found myself really liking Sean Hayes character better than the main ones.

But it was ok.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread