+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3038884;
    I um liked Dan In Real Life

I think it was the struggle to find balance between his children, his family, his work and his happiness. The human condition that grabbed me.
    I thought it was charming too Duxxy. Never fear!!

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3039444;
    I'm glad to finally know of someone else who has also seen that movie. I absolutely loved that movie also. Lars and the Real Girl and Juno are spectacular movies, and it's refershing to watch movies that are purely driven by the wonderful writing and acting. One of my friends actually joked about getting a love doll, and I told him to watch Lars and the Real Girl.
    Aww, that's so cute. I definitely loved it!

I finally got Juno from my Netflix this week so I watched it last night. It was a wonderful movie!! I really liked that they didn't make her decision "easy" and although I thought the ending was good, it was not necessarily all rosey-cheery either!

I did let my two young teenage sons watch it with me. Of course this involved a "responsible decisions" dicussion. They always say "moooom, we know, you've told us all this before", but I just remind them that it is my job to remind them again...and again...and again...and AGAIN! Even if they groan about it, they don't seem to complain too much!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I enjoyed Dan in Real Life.

I just watched Grace is Gone from Netflix. The most depressing, drawn-out movie ever. Even though the premise was sad, I expected something completely different. Just awful and I LOVE John Cusack - from his teen movies to the Ice Harvest, but this was terrible.

FORT Newbie

Last movie I rented was there will be blood, haven't actually seen it yet though lol so i can't comment on it

One Missed Call - not terribly scary, but it had its moments. My cell phone actually rang during the movie. Also watched Catch and Release, which was predictable, but okay.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I just watched Pink Ludoos (04) on tv. It's a cute bollywood movie. Then I caught Gentlemen Prefer Blondes which I have never seen and loved it! That was followed by A Tree Grows In Brooklyn which was also great. There was a fourth but I can't remember it.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I get them from the library instead of renting, but the last one we saw was Across the Universe. Powerful!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3044721;
    Then I caught Gentlemen Prefer Blondes which I have never seen and loved it!
    I love that one, too. Have you seen Some Like It Hot? Generally considered one of top comedies ever.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3043716;
    I finally got Juno from my Netflix this week so I watched it last night. It was a wonderful movie!! I really liked that they didn't make her decision "easy" and although I thought the ending was good, it was not necessarily all rosey-cheery either!

I did let my two young teenage sons watch it with me. Of course this involved a "responsible decisions" dicussion. They always say "moooom, we know, you've told us all this before", but I just remind them that it is my job to remind them again...and again...and again...and AGAIN! Even if they groan about it, they don't seem to complain too much!
    I think it should be a must watch for all teenagers.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I watched Little Women for the first time last week and I really liked it!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I just watched a movie called "just add water" with Dylan Walsh from Nip/Tuck. It was odd. It was bland and unsophisticated, it had no music in it at all. All the feel of an indy film. It was quirky. It was talky. I wasn't bored but I wasn't enthralled by it either. But I watched it last night and I am still thinking about it today.I don't know what to make of that.

An offbeat romantic comedy about a decent guy, Ray Tuckby, with a dead-end life in the dead-end town. After encouragement from a stranger whom he befriends, Ray takes back his life and begins to dream again.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread