+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Rented three movies yesterday (or actually, I should say "two days ago" since it is now past midnight here in Cali). I've watched two so far (I'll post my opinion on the third movie later on).

First up: The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I haven't watched it yet, and I was planning on watching Prince Caspian later on, so I decided to rent it. It was pretty good, and it did make me excited to see Prince Caspian.

And now I've just finished watching Sydney White, with Amanda Bynes. I really like Amanda, especially after watching She's the Man. Though Sydney White is not as good as She's the Man, I still liked it. It had a very cute story to it, with it being based loosely off of the story of Snow White and all. I really want to go out and buy the actual DVD.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

myrosiedog, that's one of my all-time favorite movies ... shirley mclaine is freaking AWESOME in it and had most of the best lines ... her relationship with sally fields' husband was great too!

We rented "Dan in Real Life" the other night. It has Steve Carrell, Dane Cook, Diane Weist, & Juliette Binoche in it.

It sucked. There was about a 15-20 minute span where it was good & I got my hopes up, but then it got boring again.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I heard that it wasn't a "funny" movie so I never rented it holly71. I like him in comedy more than any other genre.

I had to rent Whale Rider for my son's report and we really enjoyed it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Oh, good. I thought it was just me who didn't like "Dan in Real Life." A coworker went on and on about how good it was, so I rented it. It was so boring I ended up reading the paper while it was still on. What a bleah, boring movie. I really didn't care WHO ended up with the girl.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Driven: I didn't like it. It was a typical racecar movie. It was just.. bad.
    Strange Wilderness: Same premise as the other movies with a bunch of guys looking to make money and carry out an adventure. I don't recommend it at all.
    Rambo: The newest one. It was okay. It was your typical action movie and that's about all there is to say about that. .

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3033572;
    myrosiedog, that's one of my all-time favorite movies ... shirley mclaine is freaking AWESOME in it and had most of the best lines ... her relationship with sally fields' husband was great too!
    I always find it funny because I grew up around a lot of people that were just like that. Most of the husbands acted just like Sally Field's husband. It's definetly a Southern male stereotype that has a LOT of basis in the truth!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I um liked Dan In Real Life

I think it was the struggle to find balance between his children, his family, his work and his happiness. The human condition that grabbed me.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I just rented Love in the Time of Cholera--I would rate it as one of the worst, ridiculous, silly, stupid, movies I have ever seen and funny in places where it didn't mean to be. I have a feeling this is one where it doesn't do the book justice. Rather disappointing--I love both Javier Bardem and Benjamin Bratt.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2972056;
    Lars and the Real Girl: What an amazing movie. It was so incredible. I love how it was written, love how well the actors portrayed their roles, and loved how incredible Ryan Gosling was in it. He was amazing. I so highly recommend this movie. It is the best movie I have seen in ages. In my opinion it's asgood as, if not better than Juno. It's absolutely spectacular.
    I'm glad to finally know of someone else who has also seen that movie. I absolutely loved that movie also. Lars and the Real Girl and Juno are spectacular movies, and it's refershing to watch movies that are purely driven by the wonderful writing and acting. One of my friends actually joked about getting a love doll, and I told him to watch Lars and the Real Girl.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

+ Reply to Thread