+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I just watched August Rush: Wow! I absolutely LOVED this movie. Very well done.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I've heard a lot of good things about PS: I love you from my friends but Ghost depressed the daylights out of me so I'm avoiding this one lol. OK been finally catching up on a bunch of movies I planned on seeing but just didn't have time because of the heavy reality tv schedule I undertook (yay summer, less shows and more time for books and movies and other stuff ... like having a life!)

Rented Good Luck Chuck which is my first Jessica Alba and Dane Cook movies, see above why I haven't seen more with either of them in it. Verdict? HATED IT. Yes, I did scream that. I hated it. It was stupid, gross, hated everything about it. Just seemed to me as the movie was built around the juvenile idea of showing a man getting laid as many times as possible while showing as much T&A as possible. Again, hated the movie. There was nothing romantic or even funny about this awful awful movie. Dane Cook is not an actor I will ever watch again but Jessica Alba was adorable in this horrible film and I am going to hunt out something else with her in it. I don't know if it makes a difference? But I saw the unrated version.

I thought the same thing as you, Harmony - way too much gratuitous sex in the movie. We get the idea already, he has sex with the girl, she finds her soul mate. Showing each and every girl naked, boobs bouncing, just isn't necessary. Still, I liked the story, they just got carried away with the T&A.

Watched a horror movie called Wind Chill last night and was pleasantly surprised (George Clooney was a co-producer). Not a gore-filled slasher flick, this one was more about character development and old-school creepiness. It was one of those "wrong turn gone bad" stories, but worth a watch. Emily Blunt was excellent.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

MRD

Re-Watched The Great Debaters. I cannot say enough good things about this movie.
    Based on a true story. Great acting, great story, powerful movie.

Make sure you look up the name James Farmer, Jr. after the movie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

National Treasure 2: It was okay, but the first one was far better. It was good for a Sat night when nothing else was on, but I wouldn't want to have paid to see it. I recommend it if you liked the first a lot, otherwise, you could take or leave it. It was pretty redundant and I think they ran out of juice half way through.

FORT Newbie

The Ring/
    White Noise/
    White Noise2/

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2998975;
    I was home from work sick yesterday, so I watched 27 Dresses. It was okay, but I've definitely seen better romantic comedies. I think I liked the actress that played the sister better than the lead actress, Katherine Heigl (sp?). Is it just me or can you really see every tooth in Katherine Heigl's mouth when she smiles??
    I rarely watch chick flicks/romantic comedies but I did watch this one and surprisingly, I enjoyed it. Nice light-hearted fare, and Katherine Heigl didn't annoy me nearly as much as I thought she would. Watching Edward Burns for a couple of hours sure wasn't tough, either.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I caught up on my Netflix this weekend!!

Cloverfield - I actually enjoyed this one. I liked the camcorder perspective (I knew about it going into the movie). I would have to agree on the silliness like no one living thru the helicopter crash. The other thing that bugged me was the one girl running around in her high heels thru most of the movie - you cannot tell me she would not have looked for more sensible shoes at some point! Anyway, overall I really enjoyed it. However, I do NOT think there should be a sequel. Some things are better left alone.

Michael Clayton - It was a pretty good movie. I liked the ending, but it was a pretty slow-mover.

I'm Not There - I just finished this one and I'm not sure I can completely formulate my opinion yet. I may have to read up on some other opinions. It was a very strange movie - interesting to watch, but strange. For those not aware, it is about Bob Dylan and there are six different actors that play him in the movie. First, I was surprised that each actor had a different name and none of them were "Bob Dylan" but I figured out how it worked into the point of the movie. However, I still struggled to figure out whether each actor represented a different period in his life or a different aspect of his personality - I ended up leaning toward the personality aspect theory, but I don't know enough about Bob Dylan's life to figure out how each actors' storyline intertwined in reality. One thing I can say is that Cate Blanchett was outstanding!! I also really enjoyed the singing segments with the young actor named Marcus Carl Franklin. This movie would definitely be easier to follow for someone who knows more about Bob Dylan and has kept tabs on his career.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 06-01-2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: add another comment

MRD

I watched Steel Magnolias today. There are SO many great lines in that movie, but again, I cried my eyes out at the ending. I remember now why I've waited 19 years to watch it again.

My favorite line in the whole movie is: "I'm NOT crazy, I'm just been in a very bad mood for 40 years!"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I saw a movie this weekend called The Oxford Murders. The premise is excellent. I loved it, a twisty, turny murder mystery. Elijah Wood and John Hurt.
    As I said I loved the premise but the acting was vomit inducing. Elijah was hardly convincing as a tough talking exchange student at Oxford. He just tried too hard, imagine Frodo swearing and getting hot and sweaty with a buxom french girl. bleah it was painful. And seriously Elijah, if your 'beard' is that sparse just shave it! sheesh

I watched National Treasure today with my 8yr old. She enjoyed it very much. I think we may watch too much American tv/film she thinks Washington was the Canadian President
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread