+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

We got "I Am Legend" via Blockbuster online, & were about 25 - 30 minutes into it when the disc quit playing. My husband took it out & cleaned it, put it back in, & it got stuck again, right at the same spot. He cleaned it again, same thing happened again. We tried skipping the scene, no luck. So frustrating. We'll have to re-rent it. I have to say though, what little bit I saw was freaking me out!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3005981;
    I watched The Golden Compass today. The movie was pretty good. The computer animation was great and the scenery of the world they were creating was very interesting and gave a good concept for the environment. My complaint would be that the ending was like a big fat "To Be Continued..." I don't necessarily have a problem with it being a series, but I don't like when it is so glaringly obvious at the end. Harry Potter is a series, but each story has some feeling of resolution at the end.
    Yeah that irkd me kinda. I prefered the ending in the book. I still enjoyed the movie tho.
    "For what it's worth you're like the first juicy booty to make it on the runway."

MRD

Lions for Lambs.

I was left going

I get why it was made and the message it was trying to get across, but it was a strangely done movie. And Tom Cruise is just so icky. But I guess he played a perfect Icky part in this movie, but I can't watch him anymore. He had this fanantical gleam in his eye the whole movie that I don't think was just part of the role either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Okay. So the other day I watched Zodiac which I really loved. But then I tried to watch Black Dhalia. I got 20 minutes in and I really didn't like the way it was filmed so I stopped watching. It's a bummer because I think I was expecting it to be really good.
    Today I watched Hostel which I've seen before but wanted to watch again. I also watched Porky's 2 again. All these movies were watched on On Demand.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2998975;
    I was home from work sick yesterday, so I watched 27 Dresses. It was okay, but I've definitely seen better romantic comedies. I think I liked the actress that played the sister better than the lead actress, Katherine Heigl (sp?). Is it just me or can you really see every tooth in Katherine Heigl's mouth when she smiles??
    Awww I loved it (just got done watching it). Then again I barely noticed her and was focused on James Marsden and Edward Burns the whole time. I don't like Heigl as an actress so I mostly ignored her acting but was able to enjoy the story without focusing on her much (yes it can be done).

Judy Greer is awesome (the best friend) and I really enjoyed the scenes she was in. I didn't like the actress (Malin Akerman) playing the sister at all and felt that she was even worse of an actress than Heigl, if that's possible.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

ha! i was coming here to post that i just finished watching 27 dresses and i liked it (gave it 4 out of 5 stars on netflix).

i like katherine heigl's character and couldn't stand the sister! and i have to admit, i thought SOME of those bridesmaid dresses were quite pretty ... especially the "puke olive" one. oh well. i've never been a bridesmaid so who am i to talk ... the only wedding i ever stood up in was my own. LOL

27 Dresses- definitely liked this one. would watch it again
    Juno- thought it was alright. probably wouldn't wanna see it again.
    Enchanted- LOVED it. definitely a chick flick

"The Last Emperor" by Bernardo Bertolucci (sp). John Lone stars in it. Visually beautiful & based on a true story. I recommend it.

Diary of the Dead: So bad! Do not waste your time or money!!

PS I Love You.
    oh. I love me some Gerard Butler

+ Reply to Thread