+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

There Will Be Blood. Daniel Day-Lewis did deserve that Oscar, I found his performance absolutely riveting. I also loved the actor who played Paul/Eli Sunday, and thought he deserved a nomination as well. (Did he get one? ) I preferred it to No Country for Old Men.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I just watched Dan in Real Life and loved it! I had no idea what it was about and didn't even read the synopsis until after the movie was over and was glad I went into it blind! Since I wasn't even expecting it,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the part when Annie turns out to by the mystery woman that Steve Carell's character met in the bookstore was a pleasant shock
    ...and the rest of the story was told incredibly well. I would love to be apart of a family like that!

Next up is Juno. Based on the reviews here, I'm looking forward to it!
    Don't let the small things sweat

Nightscare Meh. It was okay. Very weird.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I was home from work sick yesterday, so I watched 27 Dresses. It was okay, but I've definitely seen better romantic comedies. I think I liked the actress that played the sister better than the lead actress, Katherine Heigl (sp?). Is it just me or can you really see every tooth in Katherine Heigl's mouth when she smiles??

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2988102;
    Just watched the Darjeeling Limited. STrange but entertaining movie.
    We watched that about a month ago and I found it weird but riveting.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I just got finished watching P2 on On Demand. I loved it.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I watched The Golden Compass today. The movie was pretty good. The computer animation was great and the scenery of the world they were creating was very interesting and gave a good concept for the environment. My complaint would be that the ending was like a big fat "To Be Continued..." I don't necessarily have a problem with it being a series, but I don't like when it is so glaringly obvious at the end. Harry Potter is a series, but each story has some feeling of resolution at the end.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 05-18-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: typo

No Country for Old Men - perfect
    There Will be Blood -perfect
    Salo: 120 Days of Sodom - very, very disturbing
    People who want to be equal's lives are filled with subtractions and auditions
    Marilyn Manson-Doppelhurz

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2991561;
    I think I forgot to come on and comment on Charlie Wilson's War. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The banter was witty, the acting was great. I thought the ending was sad, but only because history tells us what happened next
    Great movie. I agree with your assessment. Makes you wonder if he had gotten the funding at the end for what he wanted it for if we'd be in the pickle we are in now. Those 50% of the population under the age of 14 back then are now the adults we are fighting in Afganistan today.

I loved the banter as well. Gus and Charlie both had some GREAT lines.

Watched The Great Debaters this weekend. Wonderful movie. Loved it. Denzel Washington is wonderful as always. Great acting by Forest Whitaker, Nate Parker and Denzel Whitaker (no relation to the other 2 actors in the movie). Based on a true story, fabulous movie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I forgot to mention that the other day I watched some stuff on On Demand
    Milo: This was okay. Just like every other movie about someone getting revenge for poor treatment as a child. I really only recognized one actor in this film and that was the guy that played the killer's father. The acting was just so-so.
    Campfire Tales: This was very well done. There were a few recognizable actors in it. One of which was James Marsdyn (sp?) It featured stranded motorists telling Urband Legend stories. The twist at the end was very well done. I never expected it. I think I mainly liked this because I love urban legend type stories. That's why I liked the Urban Legend Movies so much. Not to mention I Know What You Did Last Summer. All in all not a bad movie weekend. Everyone's telling me to watch August Rush so that will be next on my list, I think.

+ Reply to Thread