+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2919343;
    Then we watched Just Friends -- it is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. So many memorable (and quotable) moments. Ryan Reynolds nails the fatboy part, and Anna Faris was channeling Brittany so brilliantly. Forgiveness...is more than saying sorry...

That was filmed here!! The cast and crew were one of the best out there. I could not believe how well the movie was received. I loved it too. A lot of people dismissed it as a fluffy flick. It is fluffy, but it's oh so good.

I rented 3 movies this weekend:
    Atonement: I had read the book so was not surprised by the sad ending.
    The Kite Runner: Here again I had read the book which I highly recommend, it was a page turner I couldn't put down. The movie was long but stuck closely to the book, it was good.
    There will be Blood: I can see why Daniel Day Lewis won the Oscar for best actor, his performance was impeccable. The movie was long, kind of boring and I didn't like the ending. It was just OK IMO.

Finally got to watch Sweeny Todd. Loved the lighting, camera work, and songs. DH was shocked at the blood and wasn't expecting THAT in a musical.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i just finished watching Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector and was pleasantly surprised. i wasn't expecting much at all, but i found myself laughing quite a lot at it. but i love the blue collar comedy tour guys, so i guess it makes sense that i enjoyed larry in this movie. i'm going to check out his other ones now.

for the bible tells me so is a documentary about how people have used and distorted the bible when denying basic human rights to gays. it was very interesting and definitely enlightening. considering i used to be married to a minister and also taught from the bible myself, i still learned some interesting info from this documentary.

waitress was an interesting little movie too. my daughter was completely bored, but i went into it knowing that it was a low-budget movie that did well at the sundance film festival. it was quirky, but i enjoyed it a lot.

juno was another movie that i wasn't expecting to like much ... i tend to NOT like those film festival break through movies, so i expected this one to be the same, but i was pleasantly surprised. the writing was very good, the main character was awesome in her role, and her dad's character cracked me up. jason bateman also did an awesome job on his part, mainly because i was feeling uneasy with him from the beginning, and (without spoiling anything), i understand why now. i think we're going to buy this one.
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 04-20-2008 at 02:29 PM.

I rented all three Indiana Jones movies to get ready for the fourth one coming up. I know it's a month away, but I've never actually seen the three movies before, so I just wanted to watch them.

They were all pretty good. The first one was the best for me.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Juno: Absolutely wonderful. So not the ending I expected. I was blown away by that, but it was one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time. Watched it with my mom and it was a real bonding night. I really recommend it for EVERYONE.

Atonement: It was a very good movie, but unfortunately I was expecting to love it and I didn't (it is so much better starting out with low expectations ). I was a little annoyed by the ending - not because of what happened with the characters, but how the story was told at the end.

I started watching There Will be Blood last night but that darn movie is 2 hrs and 38 mins long!! I just couldn't get thru the whole thing before I had to go to sleep. I'll have to come back with my review for that one when I'm done.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2934223;
    Juno: Absolutely wonderful. So not the ending I expected. I was blown away by that, but it was one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time. Watched it with my mom and it was a real bonding night. I really recommend it for EVERYONE.
    I watched it with my daughter last night. What a GREAT movie. We loved it. And my daughter has the soundtrack and I've been listening to that as I liked the music as well.

I would buy this movie. It so reminds me of our family (except my daughter is not expecting.) The mom reminds me of me, the dad of my husband and the boyfriend is like my daughter's boyfriend and Juno is so much like my daughter! It was too weird, almost like watching a movie of our house.

But it was fabulous. The girl has spunk and more teen parents should be like her parents. Laid back, loving and firm, and not all in your face.

I figured out that some of what happened would happen, but didn't expect it to end like it did, but was glad.

I really think its a great film for teenagers to see what can happen if you become sexually active too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

No Country For Old Men: What an amazing movie. The acting was so spot on I truly believed I was there with them. Even mr buglover enjoyed the movie and he normally falls asleep in the first 20 minutes of any movie including action flicks!
    Yup, with donuts!!

AVP: Requim I was so disappointed in this movie. I loved the other AVP with the deep ice excavation, but this one just lacked so much motivation, heart, the same essence of what the other movie had. It literally just seemed to melt away on the screen to me. It all blurred together.

+ Reply to Thread