+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Southland Tales: Another "The Rock" movie that I really enjoyed. It was very satirical and pretty lewd, but I really enjoyed it. It was much longer than I anticipated it being (Almost 2 1/2 hours!!) But I really thought it was well done. It didn't get the attention it deserved.

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Loved it. Another cute family film. It was adorable; dragged slightly in the end, but overall, I highly recommend it. It's worth watching with children OR alone!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2915888;
    Southland Tales: Another "The Rock" movie that I really enjoyed. It was very satirical and pretty lewd, but I really enjoyed it. It was much longer than I anticipated it being (Almost 2 1/2 hours!!) But I really thought it was well done. It didn't get the attention it deserved.

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Loved it. Another cute family film. It was adorable; dragged slightly in the end, but overall, I highly recommend it. It's worth watching with children OR alone!
    I haven't seen this yet and I really wanted too. I LOVE Alvin and the Chipmunks. I still have my old vinyl albums from when I was a kid. Those things are probably close to 40 years old now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

mrd, you will love it. It's nothing earthshattering or out of this world, but it is cute and adorable. Knowing what I know about you, you'll simply enjoy it.

I wasted my time with not one but 2 movies on On Demand. The 1980 version of Boogeyman which was about this little boy who kills his mother's girlfriend and the man's spirit gets trapped in a mirror and then haunts people. Really really lame. Then, as if I thought somehow it would get any better, I watched the sequel. The Return of Boogeyman Just as bad as the first one! Only hardly any dialogue. What a waste of an afternoon!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Oh nilesgirl! I'm sorry you wasted your time on them! I love B movies but those aren't even an F!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Regular

Dan In Real Life was the last movie I rented. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great. I had a really hard time imagining Juliette Binoche and Dane Cook as a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2918088;
    Oh nilesgirl! I'm sorry you wasted your time on them! I love B movies but those aren't even an F!
    Tell me about it! There weren't even any known actors at all in them. The story was lame, the plot was just too far fetched even for a "horror" flick and the acting was terrible!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I was just forced to watch 2 supposed funny movies - one with a lot of hype, and one that went in and out of theaters quickly. I thought SuperBad was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I kept wanting to find something seriously funny, but alas nothing. Maybe I'm not straight enough to get it?

Then we watched Just Friends -- it is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. So many memorable (and quotable) moments. Ryan Reynolds nails the fatboy part, and Anna Faris was channeling Brittany so brilliantly. Forgiveness...is more than saying sorry...
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

I knew there was a reason I didn't want to waste my time with Superbad. Thanks for the heads up.

FORT Fogey

the kite runner.
    i truly recommend this movie, it's quiet long though and the ending was quiet easy though, i expected more struggle but that wasn't the aim of the movie so i let it pass.

Superbad is probably the worse movie of the century and the century just started
    Last edited by jacobson00; 04-15-2008 at 11:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread