+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Rented Into The Wild. Emile Hirsch should have gotten some kind of award for his acting, brilliant! Great cinematography. The movie was a bit long for my taste but it was OK. Sad ending. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2864366;
    Enchanted: It was cute. I definitely saw the ending coming though. I don't think that was unexpected as the story moved along. The time seemed to go by extremely quickly as well. I highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't yet watched it. Even the singing was good!
    I saw this movie over the weekend too and I thought it was charming. I loved the scene where she started singing in the park. I started laughing because the guy was so embarrassed, but everyone else seemed to know the song
    My only complaint was the ending - I thought it was over the top with the special effects, I thought a simplified version of the ending would have been nice.

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Imporium: I really enjoyed this movie. It was cute and heartwarming at the same time. Dustin Hoffman is brilliant and Natalie Portman is sooo adorable. Jason Bateman was very funny.
    Next up for tomorrow, Awake and The Mist.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Newbie

The last movie i watched is "Transformer".it is a wonderful movie.I like it very much.I went for this movie with my friends.But some of my friends told that they did not like this movie.

MRD

I've been on an old movie kick.

Just watched

3 days of the Condor (Robert Redford, Faye Dunaway)

Marathon Man (Dustin Hoffman, Roy Schneider, Lawrence Olivier)

Lawrence of Arabia
    This one has been VERY, VERY interesting in context with current events in the middle East. It takes place in the middle east during WW One.
    It's 4 hours long, but really very good. Based on true events by T.E. Lawrence (well almost true. He tended to exaggerate his own importantance and role he played during the war)

All were quite good if not the wow value of special effects and car chases we have now.
    3 days and Marathon were shot in the mid 70's.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

So I just watched The Mist and I really liked it. I just have one question for those who have seen it. I'll put it in spoilers so as to not ruin it for others.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    When David, his son, that blonde and the old people were stuck on the road towards the end and you could hear the footsteps of the monster, they showed the outside of the truck and 4 gunshots go off. Did David kill them all or did they all kill themselves as kind of a suicide pact? I can't imagine a child as young as Billy wanting to do that. But I also can't imagine David killing his own child, either. Someone fill me in.
    All in all a very good movie. Though I really didn't recognize anyone except Andre Braugher and Marcia Gay Harden and that little guy (Ollie). His portrayer played Dobby the House Elf. Very cool. Next up: Awake
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Awake: Not nearly as good as the other 2 I rented but it definitely had me glued to my chair. What a twist. Hayden Christensen could act a phone book and I would still love him. Only downside was it was very very draggy. 1 thumb up for Hayden and Jessica 1 thumb down for the dragginess.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2870005;
    So I just watched The Mist and I really liked it. I just have one question for those who have seen it. I'll put it in spoilers so as to not ruin it for others.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    When David, his son, that blonde and the old people were stuck on the road towards the end and you could hear the footsteps of the monster, they showed the outside of the truck and 4 gunshots go off. Did David kill them all or did they all kill themselves as kind of a suicide pact? I can't imagine a child as young as Billy wanting to do that. But I also can't imagine David killing his own child, either. Someone fill me in.
    All in all a very good movie. Though I really didn't recognize anyone except Andre Braugher and Marcia Gay Harden and that little guy (Ollie). His portrayer played Dobby the House Elf. Very cool. Next up: Awake
    To answer your question:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I assumed that David shot the other four in the vehicle. The time between shots was too short for them to be passing around the gun and I also don't think a child as young as Billy would be able to do something like that (or grasp the fact that he may be better off dead than sitting and waiting for the monsters to come). The anguish on David's face when he saw the military and realized they could have made it also made me believe that he shot them all. I was slightly disturbed by that ending and sort of preferred the ending in the book, but I can understand why they went for the dramatic ending for the movie.

Overall, I enjoyed The Mist, but I doubt I would have enjoyed it as much if I hadn't read the book.
    Don't let the small things sweat

See I never read the book and I still really really loved it. Kind of disappointed that there wasn't more well-known actors in it but, whatever.

I rented I Am Legend. Will Smith was great, sad movie but I liked it.
    Also No Country For Old Men. Javier Bardem is the best movie bad guy in a long time. I didn't like the ending.

+ Reply to Thread