+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2859347;
    ...But I highly reccomend both The Kingdom and In the Valley of Elah. Both extremely good movies and will give some understanding of the things the "West" and America faces from the situation in the middle east.
    I am going to go add In the Valley of Elah to my Netflix queue right now...

I picked up I am Legend last night but haven't watched it yet. I'm not the biggest Will Smith fan but my son really wants to see it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

ArchieComicFan Have you watched Deadwood? Timothy Olyphant played Seth Bullock in that series.

I just watched the new Stargate movie, Stargate SG1: The Ark of Truth that was filmed to go direct to DVD. It was great fun to see them all back again; the movie had its great and not-so-great parts, but I did enjoy it. There will be another coming out called "Continuum," but I don't know when it is scheduled to be released.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I watched 30 Days of Night today and it was good, it just had too much of the same stuff that is in all vampire type movies.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Phantom of the Opera - watching it for the second time this weekend.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i just finished "dan in real life". it was a decent movie ... not one that i'll add to my collection, but it was entertaining for the most part. it was odd seeing both steve carell and dane cook play somewhat serious roles. steve pulls it off pretty well, i prefer dane cook when he's funny.

I saw that movie at the video store. I stopped for a second because I thought it might be funny but then walked past. Thanks barefoot for your opinion of it. I'm not going to see it because I like they as funny men too.
    Yup, with donuts!!

It must have been a Dan In Real Life weekend. I enjoyed it. I liked Steve in a more serious role. It was great to see him in something other than a comedic role. Dane Cook surprised me. He did better than I expected. I actually prefer him serious to funny. He seems to do better in movies that way. I had no real idea what the movie was truly about except that "Dan" likes his brother's girlfriend. But it was really much more than that. It was about family and I think that's why I liked it so much. It's about family love and even if you mess up, your family is your family and they will ALWAYS be there for you. Makes me think of my own family and my loved ones.

FORT Fogey

Dan in Real Life was actually the first thing I saw Dane Cook in that I kind of sort of liked him. I could at least tolerate him, which was a marked improvement.

I rented Into the Wild this weekend. I'm not sure quite what I thought of it. I thought it was well done, and I thought the acting performances (and casting) were outstanding. Even though I knew how it ended, I felt captivated enough to keep on watching. But despite all of that, I can't really say I was blown away by it. I think I got too caught up in thinking that what he did was so purely selfish that I had a hard time really liking him. When the part came that he died, I didn't find myself sad for him. I found myself very very sad for his sister. But I was actually kind of mad at him.

Enchanted: It was cute. I definitely saw the ending coming though. I don't think that was unexpected as the story moved along. The time seemed to go by extremely quickly as well. I highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't yet watched it. Even the singing was good!

+ Reply to Thread