+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

1.Primeval-really good movie. Its a news team is sent to Burundi to capture and bring home a legendary 25-foot crocodile. Their difficult task turns potentially deadly when a warlord targets them for death.
    2.Long Song For Bobby Long-decent. A headstrong young woman returns to New Orleans after the death of her estranged mother
    3.The Lookout-uhm....it was alright...Chris (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is a once promising high school athlete whose life is turned upside down following a tragic accident. As he tries to maintain a normal life, he takes a job as a janitor at a bank, where he ultimately finds himself caught up in a planned heist
    4.Double Jeopardy- I highly liked this movie. A woman framed for her husband's murder suspects he is still alive; as she has already been tried for the crime, she can't be re-prosecuted if she finds and kills him
    4400 Season 2 Disc 1,2,3 &4- tv series. its worth watching.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

double jeopardy was an awesome movie ... ashley judd kicks some major butt!

Halloween: This was that revisioned one...I don't know. It wasn't good, it wasn't bad. It just was. I really felt like it tried too hard. But I don't know it's been an awfully long time since I watched the original.

See I liked the remake of Halloween much better than the original. Maybe because it's more modern. For it's day the original was good but it just didn't do anything for me. I loved the remake because it delved more into Michael's childhood and what made him act the way he did. (Which by the way, I don't blame him for acting the way he did with that family.) As I said in a previous post, it may sound morbid but I found myself rooting for him to kill stepdaddy. What a creep that guy was.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2803907;
    double jeopardy was an awesome movie ... ashley judd kicks some major butt!
    I agree...I loved that movie!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

I never saw the Halloween remake, but the original scared the crap out of me. I think that is probably when I stopped going to movies like that. I was in high school when it came out.

Double Jeopardy was a great movie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Yes, very late to watching this. But I finally went out and rented it instead of just watching everything my brother's rented. I thought it was good. It definitely seemed more plot heavy than the other ones. I think there might have been a few things I missed because I was watching it while I was working out. But all in all, a good movie.

The Brave One: I really don't know what to think about this movie. I didn't not like it, but I don't really know if I liked it either. It was different and yet perfectly suited for Jodie Foster. I thought it was well done, but just implausible. I'm puzzled!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2807723;
    The Brave One: I really don't know what to think about this movie. I didn't not like it, but I don't really know if I liked it either. It was different and yet perfectly suited for Jodie Foster. I thought it was well done, but just implausible. I'm puzzled!
    I agree about the implausibility. However, I think I ended up liking it because I came out deciding that the movie was more about the relationships, coping with fear, and the fact that a life-altering event can change a person in unexpected ways.

The Invasion: I can't say I would rave about it, but I liked it. My only complaint is that I thought the resolution was too abrupt. I thought this remake was vastly better than the version of The Stepford Wives Nicole Kidman did.

+ Reply to Thread