+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;2790185;
    I watched the Jane Eyre BBC miniseries over the weekend. Ruth Wilson played Jane and is a newcomer to the acting world. She did a wonderful job as Jane, which I would find to be an extremely difficult character to play since Jane says next to nothing for much of the book.
    Toby Stephens was also such a good Rochester !
    I watched this one when it aired on TV and I thought it was fabulous also!!! My 12-year-old son even watched part of it with me, although he eventually got fed up with some of the nuances in the plot

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2790039;
    But I preferred Jane in the movie.
    I did too. I thought the Jane in the mini-series wasn't "pretty" enough in comparison to Elizabeth. The Jane in the movie really captured the beauty I imagined in Jane from reading the book.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2790196;
    Sommersby. Jodie Foster and Richard Gere. Wow! Not all about what I expected it to be about. Really, really good! I think when you choose a movie with Jodie Foster, it is seldom/never a disappointment!
    I HATED the ending to that movie. I was soooo furious.
    Stay Alive: Very very good. Scared the crap out of me and from the ending, it looked like they were setting us up for a sequel.
    The Prestige: I am so madly in love with Christian Bale, I don't care that he playes a bad guy. He's just so gorgeous. I still remember him in Newsies. The Prestige confused me but only a little bit. I was very impressed.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 02-11-2008 at 01:42 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

We rented "The Game Plan" with The Rock.. cute movie....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2790930;
    We rented "The Game Plan" with The Rock.. cute movie....
    I watched that the other day with my husband. My 2nd time, his first.
    "I think she was tone deaf and you sound more like a wounded moose than the King." That line always gets me.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar

Watched "RATATOUILLE" last night and I must say it was the best animation I've seen so far! Loved it and highly recommended
    "Unfortunately, I did not get any out of this big sex scandal that supposedly happened. If I had known that I was going to get accused of it, maybe I would have gone for it!" -- ROZLYN (Bachelor 14)
    -----------
    BRAD is still "THE HOTTEST Bachelor" ever!

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Absolutely loved it. It is NOT a shoot-'em-up Western, and anyone expecting that (see: my husband) will be disappointed. It's very slow-moving, and very long, but the characters are all very well-developed and Casey Affleck is just brilliant as Bob Ford. The slow pace somehow added to the ambiance of the film, if that makes any sense. Beautifully shot, too, the scenes of the prairies made me proud to live here.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Platoon: I haven't seen this movie in years but I loved it just as much as the first time I saw it. It really bothered me though to see how the soldiers treated the innocent villagers. Especially the children. I'd love to hear from someone who may have been in this war or known someone who was in it (The Vietnam war) and get their input. Did the soldiers really treat these people this way? It was very disturbing. I get that in soldier's eyes back then (maybe even now) there's no such thing as an innocent "enemy". If you're a native of the country they're attacking then you're still an enemy whether you're in cammo or not. Is this true? I don't want to believe that but that's how it seems.
    Hook: I love love love this movie. Dustin Hoffman was brilliant as Captain James Hook! He and Robin Williams made a fantastic team. I hate to admit this but I still have never ever seen the original animated version of Peter Pan. I've seen just about every other version except for the animated version.
    My Girl: To continue with my tear fest, I had to watch this movie. Every time I see this, I cry my eyes out. What a wonderful, heart-warming movie.

The Game Plan: Very cute. Not as good as I had hoped/expected it to be. But it was still very well done. I really like The Rock though and I think this movie really helped move him away from the whole wrestler persona. I'd definitely recommend it.

Lake Placid 2: So bad! I didn't know they made a sequel but got it from my brother. Definitely glad I didn't pay for it.

"Pirates of the Caribbean" the third, End of the World one. I loved the first. but the last two have been awful. The third, we watched last night, was three hours long and just dreck. I don't understand how they took such a fun story as the first one and butched it with the two sequels.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread