+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I think I would like a 'touchy feely Death-Wish'

I saw two movies this weekend, 'Zodiac' which got great reviews, but I thought it long and boring. I saw 'Lady in the Water' which I didn't have much expectations for, but really really enjoyed it.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar

Just rented "Good Luck Chuck" and saw it this weekend. It was an ok movie. Got the UNRATED version so there's a lot of boobies

Also, re-watch "Serendipity". Loved that movie
    "Unfortunately, I did not get any out of this big sex scandal that supposedly happened. If I had known that I was going to get accused of it, maybe I would have gone for it!" -- ROZLYN (Bachelor 14)
    -----------
    BRAD is still "THE HOTTEST Bachelor" ever!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly;2789650;
    I think I would like a 'touchy feely Death-Wish'

I saw two movies this weekend, 'Zodiac' which got great reviews, but I thought it long and boring. I saw 'Lady in the Water' which I didn't have much expectations for, but really really enjoyed it.

I liked it. But my husband has just come off a Death Wish marathon. I think it was AMC or something that has shown ALL FIVE Death Wish movies in the last week and he's watched them all. So he was more into the action and less into the introspective stuff in this one.

And god forbid that I said I liked Charles Bronson more than Clint Eastwood because after the Death Wish marathon, he did the Dirty Harry marathon after that and he thinks Eastwood had much better movies (except for Play Misty for me and Bridges of Madison County) than Bronson. I just said I happened to like Charles Bronson more, so he's been on a role trying to compare their movies to me and I honestly don't care.

I have been wanting to see Zodiac.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yesterday I watch the entire A&E "Pride and Prejudice" miniseries based on recommendations here at the FORT. You know, the one with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. I enjoyed it. The mother was too much, though, and I was getting tired of her screeching after only the first hour. The 2005 movie with Keira Knightley was like a Cliff's notes version of the miniseries. It's almost like the actors in the movie studied the series for pointers. They were actually very similar. I preferred the actors in the mini series for the most part. The father, Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy were, of course, perfect. But I preferred Jane in the movie.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Waitress - Cute movie. I liked how they used letters to the baby to give the viewer insight into what the main character was thinking. The guy who played Earl did a great job making him a detestable character, however I found myself annoyed at the doctor for having an affair when he had such a beautiful and loving wife. Andy Rooney's character was the highlight of this movie for me - he was fantastic as the old curmudgeon with a heart of gold!

Sunshine - I am kind of on the fence with this one. I was expecting more of a typical action movie, so I was surprised at the almost horror movie turn that it took. I also thought it got kind of confusing and frantic in the last several minutes - I started losing track of where the characters were and exactly what they were trying to accomplish. The filming toward the end was blurry and choppy to add to the chaotic feel of the situation, but for me this filming style detracted from the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2790039;
    Yesterday I watch the entire A&E "Pride and Prejudice" miniseries based on recommendations here at the FORT.
    This reminded me that not too long after the not-so-great movie Moll Flanders was released, there was a version of the story that aired on Masterpiece Theater (PBS) that was titled The Fortunes and Misfortunes of Moll Flanders. I thoroughly enjoyed this version of the story, and Alex Kingston (Dr. Elizabeth Corday from ER) was wonderful in the title role! Unfortunately they don't appear to have it through Netflix - I might have to drop them a note requesting it so I can watch it again!
    The Fortunes and Misfortunes of Moll Flanders (1996) (TV)

I'm watching Stay Alive right now. I like it so far.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2783180;
    I remember Amistad left me feeling disturbed. When they drowned all of the chained-together people in the ocean by making them all jump overboard, I think time stood still for me. The visual was too much.
    i was quiet in tears at that scene and i did not even realise i was in tears

I watched the Jane Eyre BBC miniseries over the weekend. Ruth Wilson played Jane and is a newcomer to the acting world. She did a wonderful job as Jane, which I would find to be an extremely difficult character to play since Jane says next to nothing for much of the book.
    Toby Stephens was also such a good Rochester !

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sommersby. Jodie Foster and Richard Gere. Wow! Not all about what I expected it to be about. Really, really good! I think when you choose a movie with Jodie Foster, it is seldom/never a disappointment!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread