+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Shooter: Meh! Even in High Def!

I saw High Crimes (2002) with Ashley Judd and Morgan Freeman and loved it. It's billed as a crime thriller...tag line...Everything you trust. Everything you know. May be a lie...

Also, a movie called Trophy Wife (2006) (also known as Murder on Spec) which was a great crime/drama/mystery! No big name actors. Very interesting plot.

Both worth renting. Two thumbs up
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2782412;
    I saw High Crimes (2002) with Ashley Judd and Morgan Freeman and loved it. It's billed as a crime thriller...tag line...Everything you trust. Everything you know. May be a lie...

Also, a movie called Trophy Wife (2006) (also known as Murder on Spec) which was a great crime/drama/mystery! No big name actors. Very interesting plot.

Both worth renting. Two thumbs up
    misskitty, I really liked High Crimes, too. I haven't seen it for awhile so I might have to rent that one again next time I go.

I watched Amazing Grace last night. The topic was intriguing - it was about the guy who helped eliminate the English slave trade (between the East Indies and the US). Although there were some good moments and some very good actors, the overall movie was fairly slow moving. There was benign scene of a guy on his deathbed toward the end that for some reason put me in a very gloomy mood - I got preoccupied by it and it distracted me from the last portion of the movie. I guess I expected more from this one...

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2782548;
    I watched Amazing Grace last night. The topic was intriguing - it was about the guy who helped eliminate the English slave trade (between the East Indies and the US). Although there were some good moments and some very good actors, the overall movie was fairly slow moving. There was benign scene of a guy on his deathbed toward the end that for some reason put me in a very gloomy mood - I got preoccupied by it and it distracted me from the last portion of the movie. I guess I expected more from this one...
    I loved that movie so much! It gave me chills listening to how the slaves were treated on those ships, though. I'm still haunted by my own mental images of what they were describing.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2772247;
    We watched Eastern Promises this weekend, and though I've never been a fan of Viggo Mortensen, I loved him in this. (You see a LOT of him in it, by the way. Pretty much every square inch. ) Hokey ending, unfortunately, but worth a watch.
    Just watched this one...I agree about the ending being a letdown. But the rest of the movie was damn good (helloooo Viggo! ).
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

We rented Saw IV. It just wasn't as good as the first one. I think it was directed by a different person too.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2782560;
    I loved that movie so much! It gave me chills listening to how the slaves were treated on those ships, though. I'm still haunted by my own mental images of what they were describing.
    I think on some level I must have been comparing it to the movie Amistad, which had a much greater impact on me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I remember Amistad left me feeling disturbed. When they drowned all of the chained-together people in the ocean by making them all jump overboard, I think time stood still for me. The visual was too much.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

The Brave One with Jodie Foster.

I liked it. It was intense, brought up a good discussion in our house afterwards about vilgiante justice that was interesting.

I have to post my husbands opinon of the movie though because I thought it was funny.
    "a touchy-feely Death Wish with Jodie Foster instead of Charles Bronson".

I however, liked it. She had a lot more dilemna than Bronson did and remorse.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread