+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Eastern Promises - I enjoyed it very much, even though I dislike Naomi Watts (for no good reason either, I just don't like her). Viggo Mortenson was really amazing. It wasn't nearly as violent as I thought it would be, but the violence that was in it was extremely brutal.

Watched Collateral tonight on tv with Tom Cruise (with grey hair), Jamie Foxx, and Jada Pinkett Smith. Quite entertaining. Loved Jamie Foxx.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

[QUOTE=myrosiedog;2745076;]
    Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee;2743577;

I love that movie. But then again, I like almost anything with Tommy Lee Jones in it.
    He is a great actor isn't he? I love him too.

I don't think I can recall ever seeing him play a bad guy. Clint Eastwood...my idol.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2749721;
    Pan's Labyrinth - was not sure what to expect. Fabulous movie. A+. Deserves an Oscar. (did it get one?) Although filmed all in Spanish, what I liked about this movie is that the director has a real feel for movies as a visual medium and there was not that much dialog to follow and since I had to read subtitles I really appreaciated that. The director really set the feel of the real world vs the other world. This film has subtle layers and is visually beautiful. It is simple and brutal.

I did take the opportunity to watch some of the features on the second disc and didn't realize that the character of the faun was a live actor. Doug Jones did a fabulous job as the faun and pale man. It was also eyeopening to see how the effects of both characters were created. Guillermo Del Toro, the director, knows how to make a film. Listening to his interview it is fascinating to see how much goes into a big budget film. Take a look at his notebooks as he writes all his ideas down in them and has been working on this film since 1993. Again I highly recommend this movie.

Oh this is a must see movie. I bought it and made everyone in my life watch it (or tried to)

It won 3 Oscars (at least)

A German movie won best film though.

Even people who hate subtitles loved this one. The director was clever in that aspect (IMO)

One of my new all time favorites.

And so I don't post too much, wanted to add, whichever poster wrote about finally seeing ALL of The Stand, very good from a long book made to movie.

Nilesgirl I think ( I remember the avvy) great acting all around.

Not one to watch on t.v. with all the commercials though.

If you like to read, the book is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2772580;
    As a Heath Ledger memorial, I re-watched Brokeback Mountain today. I'm glad I did. I think that sometimes with a movie like that which gets so much chatter when its released, it helps to watch separated from the chatter to form your own opinions. The first time I watched it, I was convinced by the general chit chat that Ennis (Heath's character) was so unhappy and disconnected from everyone because he yearned to be with Jack and could not be. Watching it this time, it just screamed to me that because he'd grown up without parents for the most part, and was left on his own when each of his siblings got married and no longer had a place for him in their lives, that he just did not quite know how to connect or love anyone. It wasn't about Jack -- it was about being a man who just didn't know how to deal with emotions. THe first time I saw the movie, I thought the relationships each of the main characters had with everyone else were more compelling than their relationship with each other. Watching it this time, with the exception of the scene towards the end where Ennis finds Jack's shirt when he goes to his parents home - I still feel that way. Of course, this time around, it may have been because there was so much more to see and feel in all the scenes he had with Michele Williams.
    I had no intentions of seeing this because of all the "chatter" some of my friends saw it and said it was excellent.

I saw it not too long ago and although I could have done without the explicit sex scene
    It was a great movie with exceptional good acting all around.

Heath Ledger was so believable as this person filled with demons.

To this day I can't get my mother or daughter to watch it.

(they are my favorite movie people)

So sad such a great talent passed on. I thought he should have won the Oscar.

Enjoyed your post Veruka.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2769880;
    If you go to imdb.com and look up The Astronaut's Wife, it should have photos from the movie and you'll see her haircut.
    The Astronaut's Wife (1999)

Okay I went there because I have no life

that picture from that link popped up and I almost screamed.

Good god THREAD JACK

Hillary is not liked too much by photographers is she?

She always looks awful.

That was the first picture that popped up. I was too lazy to look up Charlize.

I'd rather look at Johnny Depp

I've never seen a movie where Charleze Theron (sp) doesn't look good except Monster (yikes) that was some good makeup!

I just got finished watching The Invasion. I'm not a huge NK fan but this story was just to intriguing to pass up. Although, I was a tiny disappointed at the end. I half-expected one last scare. Oh, well. All in all, I liked it. Maybe even enough to own it.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

From Hell, with Johnny Depp. The entire movie, I thought, was lousy, until about the last 30 minutes, or so. The ending was worth the wait, but I don't know how I made it that far!! That was not fair!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mr. Rattus and I rented Once this past weekend. I seriously do not get the hype. Beyond the fact that there is far too much of the incredibly bland music the film is focused on, the whole thing seemed rather pointless and was not remotely engaging. But apparently a lot of people do like it (including huge numbers of critics), so what do I know.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I just watched Never Talk To Strangers on On Demand with Rebecca Demornay and Antonio Banderas. It was just meh. Then I watched Hand That Rocks the Cradle. Boy, it's been so long since I've seen that movie that I forgot almost everything in it.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread