+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I FINALLY saw Stephen King's The Stand all the way through on On Demand and I loved it. I especially loved Gary Sinise (sp?). Molly Ringwald was actually pretty good, too, although I still say the girl needs a tanning bed. And I really really love Laura San Giacomo. Rob Lowe did a good job as a deaf mute and it was pretty cool seeing "Dauber" from Coach as well.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I know this is not a popular opinion, but my husband rented Pirates of the Carribeans III and neither of us liked it. He liked the first two. I fell asleep on the first and never watched the second. I didn't finish watching the third one either.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2771977;
    I know this is not a popular opinion, but my husband rented Pirates of the Carribeans III and neither of us liked it. He liked the first two. I fell asleep on the first and never watched the second. I didn't finish watching the third one either.
    I share your opinion!! I liked the first enough. The second.. my bf (at the time) looked at me about 30 minutes in and said "Do you have any idea what's going on?".. I said... "nope!" So we stopped watching. The third.. same kind of deal. I watched it through, but man, it was actually pretty painful for me.

You're not alone, DesertRose. I loved the first one, but was bored to tears by the second one. I think I fell asleep, too. I haven't been in a rush to see number three, either.

I rented Epic Movie last night, one of those goofy, make fun of other movies movie. It stunk. I had a glimmer of hope for it because I like Kal Penn, but it was beyond bad.

Also watched Jarhead, with Jake Gyllenhaal. Decent movie, sort of a Full Metal Jacket Lite set during the Gulf War. Not nearly as riveting as FMJ, though, but worth a watch. The burning oil field scenes were eerie.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

We own Pirates II and I've never watched it all the way through. I can't do it even for Johnny Depp.

We watched Eastern Promises this weekend, and though I've never been a fan of Viggo Mortensen, I loved him in this. (You see a LOT of him in it, by the way. Pretty much every square inch. ) Hokey ending, unfortunately, but worth a watch.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I watched Notes on a Scandal last night. It certainly was as good as I expected. Cate Blanchette and Judi Dench were awesome. I liked it because it didn't really explain the motives of the women. It just showed their actions and the extreme consequences.

MRD

We watched the Bourne Ultimatum again last night. Yep, it was as good as the first time I watched it.

Watched an oldy today: Breakheart Pass with Charles Bronson. Love that movie. (but I was a fan of Alastair MacLean who wrote the book too)

I didn't really like Jarhead all that much and usually I like war related movies.

I liked all the Pirates movies. The 2nd two weren't nearly as good as the first one, but I still liked them. I am a sucker for Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I watched 3:10 to Yuma last night. I think someone posted recently that they didn't like it, but I definitely enjoyed it. It was slow in places, but I think it was more of a character study than the typical action-packed western. I enjoyed watching the development of the two main characters, it was a process of watching them evolve as they learn more about each other and the viewer learns more about their backgrounds. I also liked seeing how the son's opinion of his father changed throughout the movie. I am itching to comment on the ending, but I won't because I don't want to give anything away!!!

Throughout the movie I kept thinking there was something naggingly familiar about the railroad guy "Butterfield". I looked on IMDB afterward and had never heard of him before (Dallas Roberts), but toward the end of the movie I realized that the cadence of his speech or the way he delivered his lines reminded me a LOT of John Malkovich.

FORT Fogey

As a Heath Ledger memorial, I re-watched Brokeback Mountain today. I'm glad I did. I think that sometimes with a movie like that which gets so much chatter when its released, it helps to watch separated from the chatter to form your own opinions. The first time I watched it, I was convinced by the general chit chat that Ennis (Heath's character) was so unhappy and disconnected from everyone because he yearned to be with Jack and could not be. Watching it this time, it just screamed to me that because he'd grown up without parents for the most part, and was left on his own when each of his siblings got married and no longer had a place for him in their lives, that he just did not quite know how to connect or love anyone. It wasn't about Jack -- it was about being a man who just didn't know how to deal with emotions. THe first time I saw the movie, I thought the relationships each of the main characters had with everyone else were more compelling than their relationship with each other. Watching it this time, with the exception of the scene towards the end where Ennis finds Jack's shirt when he goes to his parents home - I still feel that way. Of course, this time around, it may have been because there was so much more to see and feel in all the scenes he had with Michele Williams.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2772580;
    ...with the exception of the scene towards the end where Ennis finds Jack's shirt when he goes to his parents home...
    that scene kills me when i watch it ... just thinking about it right now gets me all choked up. what a powerful moment.

+ Reply to Thread