+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

We recently watched Zodiac, it was interesting and I wasn't bored even though it was really long. Great acting but some of the scenes were a little hard to stomach. It really sucks that you don't know who really did it.

Also watched Superbad. The first hour or so was pretty funny, but it started to get old for me. It was like watching a roadrunner cartoon and I just wanted them to get to the party already. I felt like it was more geared toward men and I just couldn't appreciate the onslaught anymore. At the end I also made comparisons to Weird Science. It was the nerds get hot chicks movie for the younger generation.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I saw Bewitched on tv and it was cute. Just fun. I thought that Nicole Kidman was perfect for the role.

Also watched 27 First Dates. Definitely another girl's movie. Kinda predictable.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

I've wanted to see Zodiac. I have a weird fascination with serial killers for some reason. I think its more because I want to know what makes them tick, not a fascination with murders.

I watched Capote today and LOVED it. I love Phillip Seymour Hoffman and think he nailed Capote. It was a great movie and its inspired me to go back adn re-read some Truman Capote and to read "In Cold Blood" which I never read before and that's the book he's researching in the movie.

I'm going to go get Infamous now (another movie about Capote)

I also just watched Paper Moon with Ryan and Tatum O'Neal. I remember when that movie came out and I loved it and its still cute and I loved it again.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Finally got around to renting "Bobby" (Oliver Stone film). Jeez, talk about a snooze fest. A million celebrities in this movies and it still could not make me care about even one of the characters in this film.

Anyone else ever see this movie?

Okay. I've seen the following on On Demand in the past weeks:
    Rattatouile (sp?): Very cute and very funny. Loved it!
    8 MM 2: OMG! I liked this much better than the first one. Very interesting.
    Ripper: This was intriguing. It really made me want to take a criminology class and learn Behavioral sciences (like the show Criminal Minds).
    Happy Birthday To Me: Weird seeing "Mary Ingalls" in a role like this!
    The Ugly: I just watched this today and I really liked it. It was rather interesting and creepy at the same time. No well-known actors (at least not well-known to me) but still very good.
    Drive-Thru: What a WASTE of 2 hours. And I learned the hard way that the guy that plays Andy on According to Jim just does not make a good serious actor AT ALL! It was lame and it was soooooo cliche! Hated it hated it hated it.
    American Psycho 2: Another one that I watched today and while I think I should've watched the first one first, I really liked it. It was very strange seeing Mila Kunis (Jackie Burkhardt on That 70's Show) in this kind of role. I absolutely loved seeing William Shatner and Geraint Wyn Davies! I recognized Davies immediately though it took me a while to confirm it with my own memory banks. LOL I kept second-guessing myself. "Is it him? It looks like him. I'm not sure. He's a bit heavier than I remember. Could it be??" Then I did the victory dance when I saw his name in the closing credits. LOL All in all a very good couple of weeks for On Demand. The only disappointment was Drive-Thru. I should've known it would be bad with the name of the villian. Look it up and you will see as it's not appropriate to write here. Here's the link (I hope this is okay) If not you can delete and I will just tell you that when you look up Drive-Thru, it's the 2007 version. Drive Thru (2007)
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 01-17-2008 at 08:56 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Sorry for the double post but I watched 2 more movies today on On Demand.
    Halloween (2007): I actually liked it better than the original. I actually found myself rooting for young Michael to kill his first victims. I must admit that at least the first few people he killed deserved it. (that punk that bullied him, his stepfather and his witch older sister) Although, I am kind of on the fence about whether the boyfriend deserved to die and I was really hoping he would've gone after the other bully kid, too. I actually wasn't upset at all about the mother's death because I felt like she made very bad decisions regarding her kids. #1 She never should've stayed with that jerk of a husband as long as she did and she definitely could've made better career choices. All in all very very good. Never would've recognized Brad Dourif if I hadn't looked up his character on the web. He looked so different.
    Hostel II: That's all I have to say is Bloodier than the first one. I actually found myself feeling a little ill with some of the killings so if you have a weak stomach, be forewarned. Very gruesome IMO. I really loved seeing Roger Bart and Richard Burgi (who both appeared on Desperate Houswives: Bart as the wacky pharmacist, George and Burgi as Susan's occassionally present ex-husband, Karl). I think I liked this one better than the first one and it's not often that I can say that. Great job.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I saw Hostel II as well recently and really liked it. The first one still holds a place in my heart though.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I rented Raising Arizona tonight. I haven't seen it before (except for a bit here and there on t.v.) because I avoid anything with Nicholas Cage, but I finally broke down and watched it. I really did like it; the chase scene in the grocery store (the Huggies incident) and the fight between Cage and John Goodman in the trailer really had me laughing. It still doesn't beat The Big Lebowski in the Coen universe, but it was an enjoyable 1:30 of my life.

Raising Arizona is a great movie. Good for a bunch of laughs.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Balls of Fury I did not laugh once during this 90 minute poor excuse for a comedy.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread