+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

MRD

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2740417;
    my daughter and i are catching up on season 3 of "lost" ... we never watched the show when it was on tv, so we've been borrowing the discs from friends, to get ready for season 4 to start at the end of this month.

i love eddie murphy when he does voices for cartoons, but i can't stand him when he does regular movies. i think he's an azz.
    I love Eddie Murphy, but he does do a better Donkey than anything else. I first started liking him on SNL way, way, way back. His Mr. Robinson's neighborhood as a take off on Mr. Rogers was just brilliant. That was back when SNL was still funny. He's done some funny movies and some I hated, just like any other actor. He's definetly a larger than life person and that can come off as being an azz a lot of the time. But he always makes me laugh.

I still use his line from one of his stand up routines many, many years later:
    "Get in your gooney, goo goo mobile Gus, and get the @#$#@ off my porch!"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

[QUOTE=Leftcoaster;2732387;]To Kill A Mockingbird

I've seen it numerous times, but not for awhile. Never gets old. Duvall looks pretty freaky in his makeup, to the point where I started fixating on an appearance which struck me as being off rather than the storyline. I suppose never going outside into the sun might have an effect like that on a body's appearance though.

I LOVE that movie. One of my favorite books as well.

INFAMOUS

Wow this was good good good. Sandra Bullock was a pleasant surprise and this guy that played Capote was amazing. Almost as good as the movie Capote. A tie for me as they were different....Philip S. Hoffman deserved that oscar but, this little guy Toby (I can't remember his last name) he was in Ever After in a bit role. Great acting all around.

I saw it twice.

Also saw Shrek 3
    I didn't want to watch it my daughter was home for a week and my mother her and I got together one night and she picked it - I was about to fall asleep but, couldn't stop watching it. I never saw 1 or 2 (I know that I'm in the minority there)
    loved it! Love Antonio Bander (sp)
    and the little cookie....

I liked Hairspray but, not as much as the one with Ricki Lake. John Travolta was great though. How good does Michelle F. look ? She's not too young.
    Sorry about the spelling
    I'm too lazy to look up their names.

I'm watching Space Cowboys right now and loving it.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Sooo late to this movie, but I've kind of wanted to see it for a while since I saw its previous two installments.

Final Destination 3: Ugh, what a waste of time. Even though there was enormous Canadian talent in it, it was so not worth watching. Now I know why I kept putting it off. Far far inferior to the other two. The only thing that was "superior" were the deaths which where way gorier.

The Thin Man- The first movie in the Nick and Nora Charles series. I enjoyed it very much. The old fashions were just gorgeous. They don't make clothes like that anymore. And they definitely liked their liquor. I think they drank in just about every scene in the movie. Very funny movie, and their dog Asta was adorable.

MRD

Live Free or Die Hard.

OK, so I knew going in that this was going to be a tad far fetched.

But actually we enjoyed it. It's one of those movies that you KNOW is going to be bad, but surprisingly it wasn't all that bad. Oh it wasn't in the Oscar category, but it was entertaining. And it's got my husband talking about his mountain fortress again with hydroelectric power and self sufficiency so that we can survive should the "firesale" thing ever happen.

Kind of a scary thought though with everything computerized. Anyway, it was a good entertaining movie, although some parts were kind of farfetched (but like I said, we knew this going in), it wasn't deep and we didn't expect it to be. It was 2 hours of total escapism entertainment. Perfect for a Sun. night when we were dogtired after doing house projects all day.

Eve's Christmas, it is really amazing movie!!!

MRD

[QUOTE=JamiLee;2743577;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2732387;
    To Kill A Mockingbird

I've seen it numerous times, but not for awhile. Never gets old. Duvall looks pretty freaky in his makeup, to the point where I started fixating on an appearance which struck me as being off rather than the storyline. I suppose never going outside into the sun might have an effect like that on a body's appearance though.

I LOVE that movie. One of my favorite books as well.

INFAMOUS

Wow this was good good good. Sandra Bullock was a pleasant surprise and this guy that played Capote was amazing. Almost as good as the movie Capote. A tie for me as they were different....Philip S. Hoffman deserved that oscar but, this little guy Toby (I can't remember his last name) he was in Ever After in a bit role. Great acting all around.

I saw it twice.

Also saw Shrek 3
    I didn't want to watch it my daughter was home for a week and my mother her and I got together one night and she picked it - I was about to fall asleep but, couldn't stop watching it. I never saw 1 or 2 (I know that I'm in the minority there)
    loved it! Love Antonio Bander (sp)
    and the little cookie....

I liked Hairspray but, not as much as the one with Ricki Lake. John Travolta was great though. How good does Michelle F. look ? She's not too young.
    Sorry about the spelling
    I'm too lazy to look up their names.

I'm watching Space Cowboys right now and loving it.
    I love that movie. But then again, I like almost anything with Tommy Lee Jones in it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just watched "We Are Marshall". Got all kinds of choked up. Matthew McConaghey (sp?) did a great job.

It was based on a true event.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-07-2008 at 08:26 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The Messengers-kinda scary, but interesting
    Mummy Maniac - haven't started watching yet
    Air Buddies - love it, its such a great movie.
    The Invisible- it was interesting to say the least.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

There are a slew of films made about the classic fictional Japanese samurai, Zatoichi. (27 I think) If you can, I recommend you rent the most recent version released in 2003. Very well done. It remains true to the classic versions that came before it, but has a number of quirky contemporary 'easter eggs' in it. (Not necessary to have seen any of the earlier versions)
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread