+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I just watched 'Knocked Up' which to me, what pretty unbeliveable. The jokes were funny though....and I love Paul Rudd.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2716816;
    Just thumbing through FORT tonight and ran across this thread again. Here's a movie I doubt has been suggested before... The Station Agent. Wonderful movie! Very endearing. Nothing fast paced. Just a study in humanity and relationships. I highly recommend it for those who like slow paced 'arty' films.
    I looooooved The Station Agent - it's on my list of movies to buy. It is the source of my wee crush on Peter Dinklage (no pun intended ).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Sicko: It was an interesting movie. I thought it was good also kind of sad too. It kind of makes me quite glad that I have Canadian Health Care. Though, I'm sure this movie's skewed.

Spiderman 3: Honestly, I have to preface this by saying, I haven't been a big fan of the entire franchise. I think this movie was the worst of the three and can't believe that they're contemplating making a 4th. I just thought the plot was kind of redone and the villian sequences just weren't up to par.

Live Free or Die Hard: The action sequences were totally fake and the plot was ridiculous, but I liked it. It was action filled, mindless fluff that required no following of plot. If you like action movies like this, you'll really enjoy this one. I think though it departs from the other Die Hard movies.

Captivity: Absolute bomb of a movie. It was brutal. The entire movie was like a 100th rate Saw ripoff that made absolutely no sense even in the end.

I Know Who Killed Me: Another waste of film. It was brutal and Lohan should be barred from making another film. Like Captivity the plot was ridiculous and the entire premise was so thinly based.

Grindhouse Double Feature: Death Proof: I thought it was boring and cheesy, but not in a good way whatsoever. It was just dull. Planet Terror: I enjoyed this second half much more. It was a lot better and more fun. Exactly what I expected from this.

Ratatouille: Fun, cute, and quirky. Liked it and even though rats give me the creep in real life they didn't in the movie. I definitely recommend it for the family!

Mr Bean's Holiday: I liked it, but I like Mr. Bean. There were times that the movie dragged, but it was a solid Bean movie. If you don't like Bean, then don't rent this for sure.

Rescue Dawn: Touching movie, but I don't know, it was depressing for me. It was too sad for the holidays I think. It was also extremely long.

Slow Burn: A thinking cap movie that definitely was full of twists and turns. It's somewhat more of an independent movie and had a really weird release and re-release date. It's got a few knowns (Ray Liotta, LL Cool J) and mostly not extremely famous actors. Essentially it's about a cop running for Mayor who is trying to find out who the head mob guy is and prevent him from buying up the entire community area. The twists abound in who exactly this mob guy is.

Hot Rod: It had its moments, but overall I thought it was trying too hard to be funny.

Ocean's Thirteen: Immensely better than the second. Rivals the first, but only in terms of wit and humour. I think that the plot is quite similar to the first, but instead of it seeming retreaded it felt fresh.

A few more to add to the list

The Reaping: I found this interesting. I like the 10 plagues element, but Hillary Swank's not my favourite actress. The girl playing Loren was creepy! Mind you, most of the characters were. But it was an okay movie to rent.

License to Wed: I know it did terrible in the theatre, but I liked it. I could have done with a little less Robin Williams, but that's kind of the same with any movie he's in lately. Enjoyed the appearances by some of the fellow Office workers. A cute little movie to watch alone and not make me depressed about being alone .

Shrek the Third: I can see why people weren't overly impressed with it. It lacked the certain.... je ne sais qoui. I'm surprised there'll be two more after this, but of course I'll watch.

Murder On A Sunday Morning - really interesting documentary about a 15 year old African-American boy who is accused of killing a tourist in Jacksonville Fl. The movie follows the trial from beginning to end and a little beyond.

It was a disturbing look at the judicial system.

Harsh Times: what a waste of Christian Bale, though he does play an about-to-lose-it, psychotic war vet quite well. The lead characters had no redeeming qualities, and the ending just sucked. Boo.

The Holiday: cutesy romantic fluff with Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, Kate Winslet and Jude Law where the women switched houses for the holidays to get away from their screwed up lives. Not bad, but it ran a bit long, I think.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Night Watch: A Russian Fantasy Action Thriller, this movie (based on a Russian novel) comes in both a subtitled and dubbed version. I absolutely loved this movie. Visuals, content, acting, everything. It was a great watch.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2723962;
    Night Watch: A Russian Fantasy Action Thriller, this movie (based on a Russian novel) comes in both a subtitled and dubbed version. I absolutely loved this movie. Visuals, content, acting, everything. It was a great watch.
    You know there is Day Watch too? I think Day Watch is the first and Night Watch is the second in the series but I'm not sure. Glad to hear you liked it. Our family's been dying to see it since we saw the trailer at the beginning of Pathfinder.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;2724967;
    You know there is Day Watch too? I think Day Watch is the first and Night Watch is the second in the series but I'm not sure. Glad to hear you liked it. Our family's been dying to see it since we saw the trailer at the beginning of Pathfinder.
    It's a planned movie trilogy based on four books if I'm not mistaken. The first is Night Watch, the second is Day Watch, and the third reportedly has the working title of Dusk Watch.

I've yet to see the second in the trilogy.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2725129;
    It's a planned movie trilogy based on four books if I'm not mistaken. The first is Night Watch, the second is Day Watch, and the third reportedly has the working title of Dusk Watch.

I've yet to see the second in the trilogy.
    I just looked it up on imdb.com and it now has the title "Twilight Watch". It has a release of 2009
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread