+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

shrek the third - a lot of people didn't like this movie, but i found it amusing. not as good as the 2nd one, but still entertaining all the same. i must also say, all of the shrek movies have great soundtracks!

reign over me - this movie was very good. adam sandler showed some real acting talent in this serious role. i found myself crying during a couple of the parts because i could feel his character's pain. very good movie ...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Just picked up Fracture and Happy Endings.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I had a bonanza weekend in that four movies I had put on hold at the library came in at the same time. So on Saturday, I had a political corruption festival with All the King's Men (original version) and All the President's Men. I couldn't really get into the King's Men, I think because the progression from sincere to corrupt was too abrupt, I felt. The President's Men, however, was a fantastic film. And it well deserved it's Oscar for adapted screenplay, if for nothing else than the sheer volume of writing involved .

Sunday I had a crazy celebrity bio fest, with Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and Auto Focus. Both very good, and a little disturbing.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2709798;
    I had a bonanza weekend in that four movies I had put on hold at the library came in at the same time. So on Saturday, I had a political corruption festival with All the King's Men (original version) and All the President's Men. I couldn't really get into the King's Men, I think because the progression from sincere to corrupt was too abrupt, I felt. The President's Men, however, was a fantastic film. And it well deserved it's Oscar for adapted screenplay, if for nothing else than the sheer volume of writing involved .

Sunday I had a crazy celebrity bio fest, with Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and Auto Focus. Both very good, and a little disturbing.

Have you seen the remake of All the King's Men? It wasn't bad. I actually liked it better than the original.

All the Presidents Men was fabulous. I remember seeing that as an assignment for highschool and I've seen it several times since then. I also have read a lot of Woodward's books over the years.

I just saw "A Beautiful Mind". I have a brother that is schizophrenic and while I thought I understood his illness, seeing this movie, really gave me a much better understanding of it and what hell he's been through in his life.

I will be doing a Pearl Harbor fest this weekend. I set the tv to record Tora! Tora! Tora! and several documentaries and also From Here to Eternity. Hubby wanted to know why I had recorded Tora! Tora! Tora! because he says I can recite the dialog already. I told him, that while I had the American dialog down, I'm now working on the Japanese.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

I rented Waitress tonight. It deserves all the hype and buzz surrounding it. Quite frankly, it deserves A LOT MORE buzz and hype. It was a fantastic movie. Well written, well cast, well acted ... just all around good. I loved it.

I just saw Hitch and really enjoyed it! It was a great romantic comedy that didn't use up any brain cells.

I also watched a movie called Sleep Murder with Jason Priestly and Kristen Booth (2004). I loved that a lot of it took place in Nunavet and Iqualuet. An Inuit man is accused of the brutal double murder of his mother and brother, but he claims no memory of the crime. I liked it because it was a murder mystery and took place in the far North.

I also watched Moulon Rouge with Nicole Kidman. Meowza! So much going on, I was getting exhausted. I loved all the songs, dancing, and theatrics and was amazed by the choreography and costumes. I have to admit, I'm a sucker for true love and I cried at the end.

Considering I dont' rent movies much, I was happy there was something good on tv to tape!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

i just finished watching ratatouille last night ... it was a pretty good movie. it was cute, the animation is awesome. i ended up giving it 4 out of 5 stars on netflix.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Just thumbing through FORT tonight and ran across this thread again. Here's a movie I doubt has been suggested before... The Station Agent. Wonderful movie! Very endearing. Nothing fast paced. Just a study in humanity and relationships. I highly recommend it for those who like slow paced 'arty' films.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

MRD

LOVED Hitch, especially the dancing scene.

Moulin Rouge I couldn't make it through. Too weird for me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2717844;
    Moulin Rouge I couldn't make it through. Too weird for me.
    i agree ... i told my daughter that i felt like the camera man was on crack! she pointed out that's the director's 'style' because he did it with 'romeo & juliet' too, which is ANOTHER movie i can't watch because i get dizzy.

+ Reply to Thread