+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

MRD

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I just watched an oldy (not sure if its a goldy). FM. Made in 1978.
    Probably the only mediocre movie with the BEST ever soundtrack. I remember seeing this in the theater when I was in high school and I had the soundtrack on 8 track tape.

But it's a great time capsule movie because I HAD to laugh at the hairstyles and clothes because I know me and my friends looked just like that.
    It's worth a watch, just for the music.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Shrek The Third: Very funny and cute. I loved it just as much as the other two. Couldn't believe that Regis Philbin and Larry King voiced the ugly stepsisters. Did they voice them in the other one? Anyway, this is going in my collection.
    Amazing Grace: What a wonderful movie! Very beautifully told. I cringed when Equiano was telling the story of what would happen with thes slaves on almost a daily basis. I knew it was bad but I had no idea it was that horrendous. Glad to see Rufus Sewell play a good guy for a change. Maybe he's played a good guy in other movies but not the ones that I've seen. And I was so happy to see Albert Finney. Those were the only 2 names I recognized but it was such a great movie I didn't even care. It just proves that you don't have to have a completely well-known cast to have a good movie. I am definately putting both of these movies in my collection. Next up: Rattatouile. It looks cute.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

She's the Man: Terribly old I know. But for the movie it was, it wasn't half bad. I like Amanda Bynes and I really don't think for remaking Shakespeare they did that bad. It's not the best movie out there, but for a Saturday afternoon flick, it was good.

Notes on a Scandal: I did not like it! I know it got praise and critical acclaim, but I just simply thought it was not that good. At all.

I bought Shrek the Third for my son and enjoyed it also, more than the 2nd one.

Canadian Angel, too bad you didn't like Notes on a scandal. I thought it was a great movie and loved the acting.

I was disappointed in myself too. I wanted to like it. I really did, but it just didn't do it for me. I will agree it was extremely well acted though.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2554800;
    Saw The Number 23 last night. Absolutely horrid. It was nothing like I thought it would be and could have had so much potential but it was just stupidly done. I think Jim Carrey is a good dramatic actor but this role was a real stinker for him.
    i finally saw it this weekend, and i agree completely. throughout the whole movie, i kept thinking that i should just turn it off but i also kept thinking "stick with it, it will make sense". well, towards the end, it does end up making sense, but overall, i still think it was a horrible movie.

what really bothered me about the dvd was there were no subtitles available ... as i'm getting older, i'm finding that i need them because occasionally, i'll miss a line because of certain tones used. but this movie had so much dialogue that was barely louder than a whisper and then add in the creepy music drowning it out ...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2681708;
    i finally saw it this weekend, and i agree completely. throughout the whole movie, i kept thinking that i should just turn it off but i also kept thinking "stick with it, it will make sense". well, towards the end, it does end up making sense, but overall, i still think it was a horrible movie.

what really bothered me about the dvd was there were no subtitles available ... as i'm getting older, i'm finding that i need them because occasionally, i'll miss a line because of certain tones used. but this movie had so much dialogue that was barely louder than a whisper and then add in the creepy music drowning it out ...
    I hate movies like that. I will turn it up to hear whispery dialogue and the next thing either there will be music or a siren or something else and the windows are rattling because now its too loud. I have to sit with remote in hand and constantly adjust the volume. I need some earphones I think.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Shrek the Third - liked it, made me laugh
    I Know Pronounce You Chuck and Larry - Also made me laugh

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Nilesgirl - On your recommendation I rented Amazing Grace. I love Albert Finney and Rufus Sewell. The girl reminded me of the actress in Titanic (I swear - cancer treatment is worse than the disease... chemo-brain). You know who I mean. It dragged a little toward the middle, but what a hero! And what better testament to the power of love?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2690382;
    Nilesgirl - On your recommendation I rented Amazing Grace. I love Albert Finney and Rufus Sewell. The girl reminded me of the actress in Titanic (I swear - cancer treatment is worse than the disease... chemo-brain). You know who I mean. It dragged a little toward the middle, but what a hero! And what better testament to the power of love?
    Kate Winslet. That's what I thought, too. But it's not her. Off subject: Hope we will be hearing the words "cancer free" from you very very soon. I will be praying for you.

Back on subject: Santa Clause 3 I watched it with my husband yesterday. I have never laughed so hard. Martin Short as Jack Frost was brilliant. The producers (or whoever's in charge of casting) were geniuses (sp?) for casting him. I don't think anyone else could've pulled off such a great role! I'm glad they kept the original cast too from the other ones. Like Lucy, Charlie, Charlie's mom (can't think of her character's name) and stepdad (Judge Reinhold is hilarious) and of course all our legendary characters. Ann Margret as the mother-in-law was outstanding. And wow! I just found out that Alan Arkin was the father-in-law. All in all very nicely done. Now I have to go out and buy all 3 for my collection.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread