+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

FORT Fogey

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I've heard lots of good comments about In the Land of Women, including at least two here. What is it about?

It's about a man (Adam Brody) who is broken up with by his girlfriend so he goes to visit his ailing grandma (Olympia Dukokis) to find himself. There he meets her neighbours with whom he develops a special relationship. I don't want to say too much more because I don't want to spoil it for you, but it's a relationship centered movie.

A whack of 6 more movies I've seen within the past few days.

Danika: It's about a woman who sees things before they happen, akin to Premonition, but I thought this one was much better. More well done. It was a little confusing at times, but I think it was supposed to be. The ending even made sense.

Hostel 2: Honestly, it sucked. BUT I liked it better than the first one. I thought it wasn't as bad, but still not worth renting.

28 Weeks Later: Okay, I think the first one was better. I liked it more. It seemed more focused on being somewhat realistic than on the gore and the shooting. But it wasn't terrible.

Transformers: Glad I didn't waste my money on it, but it wasn't bad. There were parts that were so choppy (pretty much the last 15-20 minutes) and I found the beginning to be slow. But it was enjoyable entertainment for pure fluff.

Reign Over Me: It was a lot longer than I thought it was going to be. I think it would have been better had it wrapped up about 20 minutes before it did. I liked Don Cheedle and Adam Sandler. I liked Liv, and the lady that played Donna, but Jada Pinkett Smith I could have taken or left. It was a pretty heady movie with the emotional aspects of it.

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry: It was funny, it was okay, it was what I expected from this movie. But good gosh, Jessica Biel needs to stop getting movie roles! There were some pretty bold comments and I don't know the rating of this movie, but it's definitely not for kids!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2660818;
    I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry: It was funny, it was okay, it was what I expected from this movie. But good gosh, Jessica Biel needs to stop getting movie roles! There were some pretty bold comments and I don't know the rating of this movie, but it's definitely not for kids!
    i just watched this movie also, and agree ... jessica biel is NOT all that.

overall, the movie was 'okay' .. not bad, but not a knee slapper. i did laugh loudly a few times, mostly at a few of the cameos. especially the "bunny"

I've come to expect those cameos from Adam Sandler movies. They are part of what makes each movie so good.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

We watched "Next" last night with Nic Cage, Julianne Moore and Jessica Biel.

I was not impressed...........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I've been watching "Down the Rabbit Hole" - an extended 3-double-sided DVDs of "What the Bleep do we Know?". If metaphysics meets spiritualism interests you, I highly recommend it. If you don't think you could handle an interview with a spirit from Atlantis channelled through a middle aged bleach blonde (whose last facelift was a little severe) with a straight face - well, you still might enjoy it. Lots to think about. Lots of real scientists to balance out the "wierdos". You could rent "What the Bleep do we Know" to see what it's about. Marlee Matson is just incredible in it.
    Count your blessings!

Nick and Joe buddy ThatAintLove's Avatar

The last thing I watched was Disturbia.

I was not impressed. The story drug on and on to me and once it got to the part you were waiting for, everything happened so fast that it was a disappointment.
    "Torture him and make him stay."

We just bought Sleepers out of the used movie bin at the local rental place. We were probably 3/4's of the way through when the DVD quit playing. Everytime you get to the same spot the movie stops and goes to the main screen. I am so mad because I got seriously sucked into the movie and now I have no idea how it ends.

I bought it because of the cast, Robert Dinero, Kevin Bacon, Brad Pitt. I had no idea it was going to be so twisted. I must see it through to the end. I must see justice done.

I just got Running with Scissors from the library. It said it was a comedy, but I watched a tragedy. I hated it.

+ Reply to Thread