+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I'm too lazy to go to the next room and verify the title, but I believe it's "Reign Over Me" with Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle. Very emotional,but feel-good at the same time. A good cast of supporting actors. Sandler looked like Bob Dylan to me with the wild hair and day-old beard.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 10-27-2007 at 03:54 PM.
    Count your blessings!

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Laurel Canyon - Kind of different but I thought Frances McDormand was great.
    Chain Reaction - I like action movies. This was one was just okay.
    The Good Girl - This movie was just depressing and made no sense.

Just watched The Reaping On ON DEMAND. I'm not really a big fan of Hillary Swank but I liked this. There were just enough "jumpy" scenes to keep it interesting. And I loved that the Bridge to Teribithia girl was in it. I give it 4 out of 5 stars. I took away a star because of Swank.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

1408. Lord knows 2 hours of John Cusack could never be a bad thing. I read the short story just this past summer, and somehow managed to forget most of it, so I really can't say how well the movie mirrored the King story. I did enjoy it, though - not the greatest horror movie ever made, but worth renting.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I just saw this On Demand and man did it scare the CRAP out of me! I've heard that most (if not all) of SK's books are based on his dreams. If that's true, man 1408 must've been one he** of a dream!! Loved Samuel Jackson and Tony Shaloub! While I'm not a huge JC fan, this was just really really intense. Man, creepy stuff. Loved the Molitov cocktail, too. Now, my only problem with this is there were a couple of things that were so unrealistic. I'll spoiler for those who haven't seen it. #1:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when he's climbing out the window to go next door and he tapes himself in the recorder saying "If I should slip and fall, I want it to be known that it was an accident. The room did not win." This is unrealistic in that if he were to fall 14 stories, there is no way the recorder or anything in it would survive hitting the concrete from that height at that velocity.
    #2:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The laptop. When the sprinklers went off, it soaked the laptop shorting it out. Then the room froze over. But miraculously, Michael was still able to communicate with Lilly afterwards (in the frozen room). This is impossible. The water alone would've destroyed the laptop making it unusable. Therefore, he wouldn't have been able to reach Lilly again.
    and #3:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    At the end when Samuel L. Jackson pulled out Michael's now charred recorder. He played the tape. Now I could be wrong about this one but I would think that anything in the recorder would've been warped and unintelligable from melting in the fire.
    I know, I'm trying to apply reality to a Steven King story but still. But all in all a very good movie. In the words of John Cusack: On the shiver meter, I give 1408 10 skulls. Hee-hee. Nice job JC and nice job SK!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I saw three movies today. All of them were bad. But not bad enough for me to stop watching!

The Wicker Man - I should've known to stay away from Nic Cage. It was a pointless remake. No suspense. No good twists. Just yuck.

Premonition - Um.... I love Sandra Bullock but this movie was pointless too. It was a good premise but the way it all wrapped up was just blah.

Crank - I don't even have the words. The previews for upcoming movies BEFORE the movie were even terrible.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

In the Land of Women.

I really enjoyed it. Meg Ryan, Olympia Dukakis, Adam Brody.

It's kind of coming of age, introspective type of movie. But since I also have a teenage daughter, I could really relate to Meg Ryan who plays the mom.

Kind of quirky, not real fast paced, but still a good movie for a rainy afternoon.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Newbie

I rented Texas chainsaw massacre the other night...

Spiderman 3 which we watched last week and now we are watching The Last Mimzy.

Evan Almighty: It certianly wasn't worth the almost 200 mill it took to make, but I liked it. It was cute and charming. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in the theatres, but it's very much a family friendly film.

Black Christmas (The remake): Wow, brutal. It was absolutely a terrible slasher flick. It was just bad.

Wrong Turn 2: If you liked the first, you'll like this one. There's a lot more action/slashing in this one. But it was not that bad. Much better than a lot of other slasher sequels. I liked the characters more and you definitely see a lot of the monsters.

Mr Brooks: It was good. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. In a lot of ways it reminded me of "Perfect Strangers". If you're looking for a light suspense I'd recommend it.

Kings of South Beach: This is just a bad movie. I found out after it was a made for tv movie which made a lot more sense. It was a good tv movie, but not a good movie movie.

In the Land of Women: I really liked this movie! It was sweet, charming, and very good. I thought it was well written and well acted. There were a few parts that were somewhat disjointed and I thought the scenes near the end didn't flow as well as they could have, but still I enjoyed it very much.

Home of the Brave: I don't know.. there was something about this movie that just turned me off it. I don't like Jessica Biel whatsoever so maybe that had something to do with it.

The Invisible: Ugh, so brutal. I totally understand why it did so badly in the box office. I just don't think the acting was realistic in any way. The whole plot seemed absurd and I'm not even talking about the boy being in limbo.

Dirty Love: Jenny, Jenny, Jenny why on earth would you do a movie like this. The sentiment of finding someone you love and being with them no matter how unexpected was nice, but the movie itself was just brutal. Bad acting, bad writing, bad everything.

+ Reply to Thread