+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 420 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Originally posted by John
    Dang, Z, I was all set to prove you wrong, but you're right! The sequels are called "Bare Wench Project" 2 and 3, though.
    I'm a woman who knows her movie collection...I mean movies...I mean...um...nevermind.

Fade to black
    Just watched The Ring... don't normally like movies like that, but man that sent shivers through me on more than one occasion. I liked it. Weird is good.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Originally posted by Mdrio9
    Bare Wench Project 3: Nymphs of Mystery Mountain
    Maybe they'll find Tony and Tia up there.

And, Z, you always find new ways to impress me.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Originally posted by John
    Even funnier, IMDB says if you like this movie, you'll LOVE "Gladiator Eroticvs: The Lesbian Warriors" (2001) (V)

"The moans of who we do in life echoes in eternity."

"At my signal, unleash pants."
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Saw One Hour Photo last night. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I personally loved it--dark, disturbing, paranoid, wonderful performances all around (even from the little kid).

When I see a film, I need it to move my cold, dead heart --I need to feel something: rage, giddiness, shock, or a sense of beauty. 1HP did it in spades.

If you loved American Beauty, give this one a shot.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Just finished White Oleander and loved it.

I think Michelle Pfeifer is the most beautiful woman in the world.

I hated American Beauty - it's like Titanic for me. Everyone raves about it, and I just don't get why.

But, that's why there are so many movies out. Everyone has one they like.

Oh my God! John! I did too, and I thought I was the only one. Wow. That's cool, man. Somehow, I feel redeemed.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Fade to black
    I liked One Hour Photo (and American Beauty), but you're right - everyone has their own individual tastes. I thought Titanic and Chicago (Moulin Rouge was much better) were just OK - the whole world thought otherwise.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I just rented "Brotherhood of the Wolf" ("Le Pacte des Loups")--a beast is terrorizing a province in the French countryside when two mysterious strangers come in to investigate the grisly deaths. Decadent aristocrats! Exotic women in corsets! Native American shamans doing Shaolin Kung Fu?!!

I am big fan of Hong Kong action movies, and was very interested in seeing this cinematic fusion of martial arts (choreographed by famous HK fight coordinator Philip Kwok), phantasmagorical horror, and 18th century Gallic legend. I also happen to love Monica Bellucci (breathtaking in "Malena"), and she is mesmerizing here though I find myself wishing she had more screen time. It is Mark Dacascos, however, the Hawaiian actor/stuntman who plays the American Indian Mani, that really steals the picture with his extraordinary fight scenes, and can convey more with a single, silent facial expression than some of the other actors can with pages of hamfisted dialogue.

I really enjoyed it, though it honestly took me some time to get used to the melding of French period piece with Kung Fu action--although I still think the editing is a tad overwrought and the use of slo-mo excessive. The pacing is also occasionally sluggish (the DVD version is an extended Dir. cut), but stick with it for the payoff. The art direction and cinematography is lush and dreamlike, the costumes flamboyant, and make sure to check out the deleted scenes on the DVD.

So next time you're fighting your girlfriend/wife or boyfriend/husband over whether to watch a costumed melodrama or a rollicking action pic, think about giving "Brotherhood of the Wolf" a try.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread