+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Just got finished watching Fantastic 4: The Rise of the Silver Surfer with my husband a couple of hours ago. I liked it but not as much as the first one. John Storm still looked hot and there were a couple of funny scenes like when Johnny switched powers with The Thing. And when The Thing growled back at a bear and called him Boo-Boo. Too funny. IMO it wasn't nearly as exciting or action-packed as the first one.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

We just watched Apocolypto and it was intense. I really liked it. It was cringe-worthy in parts and I cried a lot. He kept looking in the trees and I was like, "It's the white man!" and it didn't come true until the end. Overall I think it was a good movie-watching experience.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

Shooter with Mark Wahlberg who I have had a crush on for about a year now.

That was one plot I saw coming a mile away, but the movie was pretty good though. Not great, but not get up and leave bad either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm watching Surf's Up with my husband. I've already seen it but he hasn't so I'm watching it again with him. Next up (not tonight but this week) is Ice Age and Ice Age 2. I've seen the 1st one but not the 2nd one.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

So, I finally saw 28 Weeks Later (loved the prequel). It was interesting, but pretty disappointing. One of the things I enjoyed most about the prequel, 28 Days Later, was its humanity. I felt like I understood the characters and their actions and emotions. This movie? Not so much. It felt more like your typical zombie flick, which the first movie totally wasn't.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by haejin;2623286;
    So, I finally saw 28 Weeks Later (loved the prequel). It was interesting, but pretty disappointing. One of the things I enjoyed most about the prequel, 28 Days Later, was its humanity. I felt like I understood the characters and their actions and emotions. This movie? Not so much. It felt more like your typical zombie flick, which the first movie totally wasn't.
    Thanks for the head up, haejin. I was going to rent this since I kind of liked 28 Days Later but I will steer clear now.

We rented Surfs Up it was cute and funny.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i just finished watching evan almighty. it was 'okay', i guess. i can't stand wanda sykes but she had a couple of good lines, i like steve carrell(sp?) and thought he did well. but overall, i thought the movie was bleh ... i'm giving it 3 out of 5 stars on netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaybo;2623710;
    We rented Surfs Up it was cute and funny.
    I love penguins so I really love this movie. I already own Happy Feet so this is the next one to go in my collection. I can't choose just one funny scene. There were so many that I loved.

We saw My Super Ex-Girlfriend the other day. I got it from the library because I thought it was a funny idea, but I really expected to be disappointed. Surprise! It was actually pretty funny (though that may be because my expectations were so low). Rainn Wilson in particular was a hoot. At any rate, after watching it I went to check rottentomatoes for the reviews given at the time, and the local reviewer I trust the most gave it a ripe tomato and claimed it was the funniest movie Ivan Reitman has made since Ghostbusters. And if that's not a recommendation, I don't know what is.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread