+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2602023;
    1408: Was prepared not to like it. While it wouldn't go up in my top lists anywhere, it was better than I expected. Suspenseful without having to employ the severely gory scenes method. Which I liked. Psychological suspense can be just as good,
    that's is exactly the kind of movie i like. john cusack was pretty good in "identity" so i've been looking forward to this one.

did you see the theatrical version or the unrated version with the alternate ending? according to a review i read on netflex, the unrated verstion doesn't have the alternate ending as a bonus feature, it actually uses the alternate ending, not the theatrical one and they were disappointed with that. i have it on my netflix list, but i'm not sure which one i should get.

(john cusack sure has come a long way from being a panty-loving geek in 'sixteen candles', hasn't he? )
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 10-07-2007 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2600270;
    I just watched Dogma. How I missed this when it first came out, I don't know. But I found it funny and also enlightening.

Silent Bob was my favorite character.
    Love Alan Rickman in that... or in anything. We love Dogma at our house (we own it) but understand why others wouldn't.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2602282;
    Love Alan Rickman in that... or in anything. We love Dogma at our house (we own it) but understand why others wouldn't.
    Yeah, its very different. and having attended Catholic School for YEARS, I think I can see why some people wouldn't like it.
    I thought it was hilarious. It's kind of a black comedy Shay and it pokes mega fun at organized religion. But it has a great cast and its silly and funny and irreverant. Just my brand of humor.

I can't look at Alan Rickman now and not see "Snape". He was great in Dogma though. His Ken doll reference and show and tell had me
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

oh yes, dogma definitely had some hilarious characters ... but it seemed to me that the end of it was like .... how can i explain it ... they were running out of content and needed to wrap it up quickly?

i agree about alan rickman ... snape is who comes to mind when i see him too, even though the first time i'd ever seen him was in galaxy quest.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2602072;
    How was JC in that? I'm not a big fan of his but it seems like such a different role for him. I can't wait for Martian Child to come out.
    He was good in it. He wasn't over the top and it was honestly a role completely opposite his normal role-types.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2602176;
    that's is exactly the kind of movie i like. john cusack was pretty good in "identity" so i've been looking forward to this one.

did you see the theatrical version or the unrated version with the alternate ending? according to a review i read on netflex, the unrated verstion doesn't have the alternate ending as a bonus feature, it actually uses the alternate ending, not the theatrical one and they were disappointed with that. i have it on my netflix list, but i'm not sure which one i should get.

(john cusack sure has come a long way from being a panty-loving geek in 'sixteen candles', hasn't he? )
    I saw the unrated version with the alternate ending and honestly after reading what the theatrical release version ending was, I'm very disappointed! It was a good ending and had I no idea the differences, I would have liked it. If at all possible, I honestly recommend seeing both!

hmmmm, sounds like i'll watch the theatrical version first ... thanks for the info!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

The Price Of A Broken Heart and Fast Food nation.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

i finished watching 'knocked up' last night. um ... what can i say about it. it was 'ok' ... not bad, but not great. it was definitely a guy movie, filled with discussions about sex and drugs that were definitely from a male perspective (sorry guys!). i guess i should have expected that from the title, huh?

i watched 1408 (the theatrical version) ... i was disappointed. it was nothing like i expected, and felt really let down by the time it was over.

i have the unrated version on my list to rent, so i'll still watch that and see if i like the alternate ending better.

There is a little gem of a movie that is finally being released on DVD on November 6. The title is A Big Hand For the Little Lady.

It is not a new movie; in fact, it was made for TV in 1966. But it will become part of my collection.

It revolves around a big money poker game in the old West. The cast includes Henry Fonda, Joanne Woodward, Paul Ford, Jason Robards, Jr., Charles Bickford, Burgess Meredith, and even a cameo by Mae Clarke (the woman who got a grapefruit in her face courtesy of Jimmy Cagney).

This is a wonderfully entertaining movie with some surprises I think you won't see coming. I recommend it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread