+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I've had a run of bad luck with movies. My last three -- Hot Fuzz, You Kill Me, and The Ex -- were all ones I thought would be funnier than I found them to be. Sorry, I know some of them were popular here, but I just didn't think any of them were as funny as they could have been.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Hubby and I rented- Dodgeball, Fantastic Four, and The Astronaut Farmer.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2598850;
    I've had a run of bad luck with movies. My last three -- Hot Fuzz, You Kill Me, and The Ex -- were all ones I thought would be funnier than I found them to be. Sorry, I know some of them were popular here, but I just didn't think any of them were as funny as they could have been.
    what i hate is when i see a movie that looks like it's going to be hilariously funny, just to find out the only funny moments in the while movie were in the trailer!!! this has happened soooo often.

MRD

I loved the Astronaut Farmer.

I just watched Dogma. How I missed this when it first came out, I don't know. But I found it funny and also enlightening.

Silent Bob was my favorite character.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I thought that the Astronaut Farmer was good, and Dodge Ball was a stupid, but funny movie. (After what happened we needed a good laugh.)

I've never seen Dogma was it good?
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Primeval: Absolutely terrible. It was awful. It's bad when the previews are pretty much the highlight of the movie. Do not recommend it at all except if the sole purpose is to see Dominic Purcell.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i've seen dogma, and i didn't like it ... but i haven't seen a kevin smith movie that i DID like.

strangly enough, i actually LIKE kevin smith as an actor (i thought he was hilarious in catch & release) ... i just don't like the movies he's written. i find them incredibly boring...

Bug: It was so different than the movies I normally watch and there were parts that were just too much to take (playing dentist on yourself). It was very psychological and Ashley Judd did a great job in a truly different role.
    Fantastic 4: 2: It was good for what it is. Fluffy entertainment. Not a bad pairing to follow Bug. Very little thinking involved.

It's so nice when I finish my work and have a long weekend to enjoy catching up on movies and looking forward to a big turkey thanksgiving!

Next: I felt my braincells slowly falling asleep while watching it. It was just not a good movie. Really pointless and didn't need to be made whatsoever. Jessica Biel fit her role and should not shoot any higher. She's not that great of an actress. Nick Cage, well....he's aging and it shows!
    1408: Was prepared not to like it. While it wouldn't go up in my top lists anywhere, it was better than I expected. Suspenseful without having to employ the severely gory scenes method. Which I liked. Psychological suspense can be just as good,

Quote Originally Posted by canadian angel
    1408: Was prepared not to like it. While it wouldn't go up in my top lists anywhere, it was better than I expected. Suspenseful without having to employ the severely gory scenes method. Which I liked. Psychological suspense can be just as good,
    How was JC in that? I'm not a big fan of his but it seems like such a different role for him. I can't wait for Martian Child to come out.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread