+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I picked up Wild Hogs, and it was easily the worst movie I've seen in a looooong time (well, maybe since Alpha Dogs). Avoid this one at all costs.

I also picked up The Lookout, and was surprised at how good it was. That kid from 3rd Rock has really come a long way.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by John;2592795;
    I picked up Wild Hogs, and it was easily the worst movie I've seen in a looooong time (well, maybe since Alpha Dogs). Avoid this one at all costs.

I also picked up The Lookout, and was surprised at how good it was. That kid from 3rd Rock has really come a long way.
    Awww John...I thought Wild Hogs was pretty funny...not an award winning movie but something that made me laugh....William H. Macy was priceless in that movie!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Well, I just don't know how many times a movie can go to the "gay joke" well, and get away with it. It wasn't funny the first time, it won't be funny the subsequent 20 times.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by John;2592817;
    Well, I just don't know how many times a movie can go to the "gay joke" well, and get away with it. It wasn't funny the first time, it won't be funny the subsequent 20 times.
    Then you definitely don't want to watch "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry" with Adam Sandler and Kevin James!

My ex-hubbie (who is gay) thought both movies were hilarious...but to each his own, right?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i watched "the prestige" this weekend. i had to watch it twice for it to really make sense, and even then, i had to ask my daughter to help clarify some things.

all in all, it WAS a good movie ... lots of twists and turns, which is what i like.

Vacancy, Bug, and Pulse. I already watched Vacancy and it really wasn't that great. Kind of a waste of time. Bug was creepier than I thought it would be. Tomorrow, I will watch Pulse.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by John;2592795;

My husband and I liked Wild Hogs. No plot really, but a good buddy movie and funny. Not bad for 90 min. of escapism on a Sun. afternoon.
    It easily isn't the best movie ever, but far fro the worst one I've seen.

Barefoot I had to watch the Prestige twice too. GREAT movie. And then I read the book which was pretty good too. I would have to say that the Prestige was easily one of the top movies I watched this year.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Okay so I finally watched Pulse yesterday. So here is my review on all 3 movies I rented:
    VACANCY: A complete waste of 2 hours. I love Luke Wilson and Kate Beckinsale but their acting talents were completely wasted on this movie. It was boring, draggy, and a rip off. So glad I didn't spend the 8 bucks to see this in the theater. LW and KB are way better than this pointless drivel that was Vacancy.
    BUG: Very good. Totally not what I expected. Ashley Judd...well, first let me say that I didn't even recognize her. But wow! I was so impressed with her in this. I was surprised to see Harry Connick, Jr in a bad guy role. Loved the twist at the end. I'd add this to my collection.
    PULSE: Another excellent movie. I really liked this. Even though I only recognized one actor (one of the students..he played Tim), I loved the acting from all of them. Another one I plan on adding to my collection.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2596863;
    BUG: Very good. Totally not what I expected. Ashley Judd...well, first let me say that I didn't even recognize her. But wow! I was so impressed with her in this. I was surprised to see Harry Connick, Jr in a bad guy role. Loved the twist at the end. I'd add this to my collection.
    i just added this to my netflix list ... thanks for the referral!

You're welcome. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

+ Reply to Thread