+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

MRD

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

I LOVE Hugh Grant, but my husband cannot stand him. The only Hugh Grant film he'll watch is "Mickey Blue Eyes". But my daughter and I adore him. Our favorite is "About a Boy". She and I watch that one every few months.

I just watched "We Are Marshall". I am STILL crying. What a very powerful, but emotional movie and then to see the pictures of the real players and coaches at the end got me crying all over again.
    I love football movies anyway and this one was very good. It's made me go look up Marshall University to learn more about it.
    But even if you aren't a football fan, this is a very motivational movie. And its amazing that they can make Matthew McConahy look ugly.

I had barely heard of Marshall before the movie and even now I want to go around yelling "We are: MARSHALL!! We are: MARSHALL!!"

I guess you could say its really effected me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I saw Reign Over Me on the bus. I was surprised that I liked it. I'm not a big fan of Adam Sandler, but I really like Don Cheadle and Jada Pinkett Smith.
    It wasn't as heavy as I expected it to be.

I saw another film on the way down; it was funnier than I expected but can't remember the name of it or the actors. I guess it wasn't that memorable.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

You saw a movie on a bus huh. Must have been a long trip. I remember taking my first bus ride across a few states. Let's just say I'll never do it again. I was a kid and can still feel the boredom of the ride.

The last movie I rented was Shooter with Mark Wahlberg

The last movie I rented was Bridge to Terabithia. It was good, but sad
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

The Lookout: Not a bad movie. I had higher expectations for it, but really, for my current mood, it was good. Interesting take on people who have various disabilities. It was a bit darker than I thought it would be.
    The Condemned: Honestly, I had little hope for this movie, but rented it because I've had numerous friends tell me to. It wasn't bad at all. It was graphic, but not an in your face gore. Rather, it seemed so graphic to me because of the commentary it was making. Yes, I may be reading into it and I may be trying to take more from the movie than was intended, but it does make an interesting point. For a WWE production, was much more impressed than with The Marine.
    Even Money: Wow, maybe I was projecting my current mood and state, but this movie was really depressing. Yeah, sure the end maybe offered slight hope, but overall, what an emotional movie. The fact that all the main characters' lives were big messes and how almost self-destructing they were was really interesting to watch. It was a very interesting movie, but not one I recommend watching when you're already in a foul mood.

Quote Originally Posted by realstarr;2580090;
    You saw a movie on a bus huh. Must have been a long trip.
    It was 3.5 hours, but not on a Greyhound. It was a Red Arrow bus. It provides a movie, free cookies, pop, water, coffee, tea, newspapers, magazines, stereo, and plug ins for your DVD player or computer. (and a clean bathroom). Can't beat it.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i just finished watching disturbia last night. i wasn't sure what to expect, but it wasn't bad. a little too gorey for me, and i actually covered my eyes at one scene (my 22 year old daughter thinks that's hilarious).

i didn't realize it was a modern-day version of hitchcock's 'rear window', another movie i've been looking at renting (there's two versions of that one ... the original from 1954, and a remake in 1998 with christopher reeve.)

-----------

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2582125;
    It was 3.5 hours, but not on a Greyhound. It was a Red Arrow bus. It provides a movie, free cookies, pop, water, coffee, tea, newspapers, magazines, stereo, and plug ins for your DVD player or computer. (and a clean bathroom). Can't beat it.
    wow .... impressive! is it way more expensive than greyhound or indian trails?

Vacancy: Brutal and I was honestly not paying attention half the time, but the ending and the way it ended was just stupid!
    We Are Marshall: Great family movie. Very Remember the Titans but taken in a different way with the tragedy that occured.
    Freedom Writers: Another good movie. It reminded me of Dangerous Minds, but less fluffy if that makes sense. I thought it was well written and well acted, even if perhaps some of the scenes probably wouldn't happen.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Timeline - Definitely not "Braveheart with a 21st Century Twist" as one critic is quoted on the case! I tend to like time travel stories and I would have liked to have seen more in-depth of 14th-century France but I realize they couldn't really do that since the characters were only supposed to be there for a few hours and it was all about rescuing the professor. A little disappointing but I didn't hate it.
    Elizabethtown - Enjoyed this one. I liked the main characters alot and I thought the actors they chose for the roles really fit. Good movie.
    The Painted Veil - Really, really loved this one. Edward Norton and Naomi Watts were wonderful and the scenery in China was absolutely beautiful.

MRD

We are Marshall right now is my current fav. I have watched it twice. Very sad especially as its true. But also inspiring.

Elizabeth town is another favorite even if they did steal my idea for Freebird. But I don't plan on having an actual flaming bird, just the song.

I just watched Legends of the Fall. I don't know how I missed this 13 years ago. I liked it. Long, sad, but good. And Brad Pitt with long hair. Man, I used to think he was ok looking, didn't really understand the hype for him until I saw this movie. And Anthony Hopkins is always great in anything he does.

If you liked Timeline the movie, read the book. I read the book then a couple years later, the movie came out and after I saw it went back and read the book again. I LOVE time travel movies and books. This was a good one.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread