+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by John;2564768;
    I also have Four Brothers to watch. I rented it before, but returned it unwatched. I'll give it another shot.
    For the type of movie it is. It's an alright movie. Worth a watch, but no more than that. It's good action-fluff.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by John;2564768;
    I finally rented Zodiac, and I thought it was pretty decent. I knew very little about the real story before watching, and it was interesting watching how the whole Bay area freaked out over a couple of murders. Like the one cop said, there were over 200 murders that year, but curfews and constant news about 4 murders...

I also have Four Brothers to watch. I rented it before, but returned it unwatched. I'll give it another shot.
    I liked Four Brothers. I've seen it twice now. I mean, its not a deep thinkers movie, but for an action movie, it was good enough to watch twice. That and I like Mark Wahlberg.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I liked Four Brothers as well, though I'm not usually an action-movie fan. I hated Shooter, in spite of Wahlberg.

We watched Black Snake Moan last night. I almost liked it...it was a good idea, but poorly executed. An interesting way to explore the results of childhood sexual abuse, and I can't quite put my finger on what was wrong with the way it turned out - maybe it was a little too obvious. Christina Ricci is probably my favourite actress (I sure hope she got her new figure from the gym and not from bingeing-and-purging), and Samuel Jackson is great - but I thought their respective talents were wasted in this film. As for Justin Timberlake, I couldn't get over the fact that it was, well, Justin Timberlake on the screen. He wasn't terrible but he also wasn't good enough to make me forget who he is.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2574040;
    Christina Ricci is probably my favourite actress (I sure hope she got her new figure from the gym and not from bingeing-and-purging)
    Unfortunately, she has a history of eating disorders so I suspect she maintains her weight by the latter. It's really sad. When she was a teenager, she said magazines had her categoried as a "big boned" actress and she was only a size 4 or 6.

I rented "Zodiac" but haven't had a chance to watch it yet... Tonight might be the perfect night!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i finally watched "the devil wears prada" ... i wasn't expecting to like it but i did. meryl streep was awesome in her role. she deserved her oscar.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2574074;
    i finally watched "the devil wears prada" ... i wasn't expecting to like it but i did. meryl streep was awesome in her role. she deserved her oscar.
    I read the book and when I saw the movie, I thought she did a GREAT job of that role. I either like her or hate her depending on the movie. I liked her in that one.

I just rewatched Flight of the Phoenix. I think I liked it better the 2nd time around.

Speaking of Wahlberg, I am halfway through The Departed. Boy is he an ass in that movie. (good actor though to pull off being a real ass) The whole movie is weird. Which is why I haven't finished it yet. It's not bad, but its not exactly good either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I felt like watching something light yesterday and rented Music and Lyrics. I'm not a Drew Barrymore fan, but I like Hugh Grant. He's got that self-deprecating sense of humour that I find charming. The movie was cute, nothing more: exactly what I needed.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2574539;
    Speaking of Wahlberg, I am halfway through The Departed. Boy is he an ass in that movie. (good actor though to pull off being a real ass) The whole movie is weird. Which is why I haven't finished it yet. It's not bad, but its not exactly good either.
    I loved "The Departed" Jack Nicholson is unbelievable (as usual) in this film!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2574574;
    I felt like watching something light yesterday and rented Music and Lyrics. I'm not a Drew Barrymore fan, but I like Hugh Grant...
    i'm completely the opposite, i can't stand hugh grant. i've hated every movie i've seen him in except for one ... "two week's notice" and sandra bullock saved that one for me.

Please, nobody waste your time on Grudge 2. So not scary. I think the only good part was the opening scene. School For Scoundrels wasn't bad at all, though. Billy Bob Thornton plays a good jerk
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread