+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

i agree ... i found it incredibly boring.

FORT Fogey

Last night, I rented Georgia Rule and Because I Said So.

Georgia Rule, I think wasted the great talent of 2 or 3 actresses on very weak writing. Jane Fonda was the highlight of the movie, and the writing took away from her more than she deserved. Lyndsay Lohan was weak enough that I think I need to take back some of the compliments I've given to her acting in the past. I think the movie tried to be too dramatic or something, and it got hurt by it.

I wasn't expecting much from Because I Said So, becasue I'd been told by a few people who saw it in the theater that it wasn't worth going to see. I'm not sorry that I didn't see it in the theater, but it was better than I expected. I was a bit horrified by how stronlgy the "You're nothing if you don't have a man" message was given. But by the end, I was glad to see where the characters ended up. It was the better of the two movies, but I'm not dying to see either one over and over again.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Watching Talledaga Nights the Legend of Ricky Bobby. I lurve Ricky Bobby (said in my best fake french accent a la Sacha Baron Cohen).
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by John;2550537;
    I also saw "The Ex", which I think went straight to DVD. Get it if you can, starring Zach Braff, Amanda Peet, and Jason Bateman. Pretty funny, in an evil twisted way.
    Last night I rented and watched this movie, based on your recommandation only, John. I was not disappointed. I was hoping for a little more closure, especially for Jason's caracter, but on the whole, it was a fun movie.

My husband wanted to watch Pan's Labyrinth. We must have been living under a rock, because we didn't know it was Spanish with subtitles. I didn't think I'd care for it, but actually found myself watching and enjoying it. I actually stayed up until midnight, which goes to show how much I liked it. I usually fall asleep on movies past 10:30.

MRD

Well here's irony for you. I rented Deja Vu yesterday. We had already seen it. I didn't remember we had seen it, it sounded good, I got it in the dvd player and turned it on and my husband says: Are you feeling any Deja vu? I ask why and he says: Because we've already seen this.

Boy did I feel stupid.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

hahahaha, that's great!!!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I got Secretary a few days ago.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2564372;
    Well here's irony for you. I rented Deja Vu yesterday. We had already seen it. I didn't remember we had seen it, it sounded good, I got it in the dvd player and turned it on and my husband says: Are you feeling any Deja vu? I ask why and he says: Because we've already seen this.

Boy did I feel stupid.
    Not a good sign for how highly you thought of the movie!

I'm going crazy right now. The place I moved into has great cable, but there isn't a VCR/DVD player. Everything airing on the movie channels I've already seen. I can't wait to be able to rent new stuff again!

I finally rented Zodiac, and I thought it was pretty decent. I knew very little about the real story before watching, and it was interesting watching how the whole Bay area freaked out over a couple of murders. Like the one cop said, there were over 200 murders that year, but curfews and constant news about 4 murders...

I also have Four Brothers to watch. I rented it before, but returned it unwatched. I'll give it another shot.

That's funny, John, I just saw Zodiac last night. I hadn't known much about it and expected more resolution. I was just looking it up, though, and apparently it's very true to life.

I also saw "300" last week, which was also very good -- very stylized, meant to look a lot like the graphic novel that inspired it, and quite bloody, but interesting and well-done, I thought.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread