+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2488955;
    Shooter: Just saw this over the weekend. I thought it was pretty good. I am most impressed by how much Mark Wahlberg has grown as an actor over the years. I loved the ending.
    I completely agree with what you've said! I was impressed with his performance, as well. I never liked him much in previous projects he was involved in. I think that he may yet catch my interest for good.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

The Contractor: Terrible, terrible step down from Shooter. Snipes was a poor man's Walhberg. The only difference really was the location and instead of an ex-FBI agent helping, it was a young girl.
    The Host: I seem to recall some people liking this, but my goodness, it was bad. It wasn't even the English dubbing, it was just all around terrible. The one thing I did like though,was the action was immediate, but balanced with something of a plot.

The Number 23: Good movie, not great, but good. I did predict the ending which was kind of disappointing. I did like that Jim Carey broke out of his traditional role and didn't have the same voice mannerisms.
    Zodiac: Good. Really enjoyed it, but it was a tad too long for me. But that could also be because I'm a bit movie'd out. I really liked all the actors in their parts too.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2493545;
    Zodiac: Good. Really enjoyed it, but it was a tad too long for me. But that could also be because I'm a bit movie'd out. I really liked all the actors in their parts too.
    I fell asleep at the theater for this one... It wasn't that it was an awful movie, just that it started slowly, and was sooo long, and I was terribly tired that evening... I crashed about half-way through it. My boyfriend really liked it and rented it this past weekend. Once again, I ended up nodding off somewhere in the middle and never did see the end. Maybe some day I'll try again...

I just saw BEDAZZLED on the bus ride down. It was quite funny! It stars Elizabeth Hurley in some amazing outfits....wish I had her body! She is the devil and tries to recruit new souls. Worth renting, IMO.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2495140;
    I fell asleep at the theater for this one... It wasn't that it was an awful movie, just that it started slowly, and was sooo long, and I was terribly tired that evening... I crashed about half-way through it. My boyfriend really liked it and rented it this past weekend. Once again, I ended up nodding off somewhere in the middle and never did see the end. Maybe some day I'll try again...
    I agree. I watched it midday Saturday, but I'm guessing that if I was watching it at night, i'd be likely too. It's a good movie, but long and slow. Give it a try in peak awake hours

It looks like I'm the only one watching movies lately. It's because it has been so hot. Too hot to spend too much time outside (ranging between 35-40C and about 95-105F).

The Lady in the Water: Boy do I ever understand why it did so poorly in the box office. It was flat out terrible. Absolutely a brutal movie. The plot made no sense and it was just such a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2488955;
    Shooter: Just saw this over the weekend. I thought it was pretty good. I am most impressed by how much Mark Wahlberg has grown as an actor over the years. I loved the ending.
    I agree completely with you. I loved him in Rock Star years ago, then thought he was a stand-out in Four Brothers. He definitely held his own in The Departed, one of my all-time favorite movies, and now with Shooter, I think he's a bonafide top actor. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders for picking excellent roles, too, which can be tricky at best.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I watched Dreamer with Dakota Fanning and Kurt Russell. It's based on a true story. If you like horses, you will like this movie. It was a pleasant family movie! Just as the movie ended, I looked out the window of the bus and saw a beautiful rainbow. Now that was something!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by ixcrisxi;2489072;
    I completely agree with what you've said! I was impressed with his performance, as well. I never liked him much in previous projects he was involved in. I think that he may yet catch my interest for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2496656;
    I agree completely with you. I loved him in Rock Star years ago, then thought he was a stand-out in Four Brothers. He definitely held his own in The Departed, one of my all-time favorite movies, and now with Shooter, I think he's a bonafide top actor. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders for picking excellent roles, too, which can be tricky at best.
    The thing that really tells me that he is finally come into his own: every single person in my family loved this movie. Mom, dad, sisters, brothers-in-laws. And we never agree on anything!

+ Reply to Thread