+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I watched "Borat"....oh wow. That's all I can say for that movie...oh wow.

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Big Nothing: Exactly what it sounds like. I really didn't like it at all. There were plenty of twists and turns, but I just thought it was a really bad movie.
    Shooter: Predictable, action-oriented, fluff. But I enjoyed it. I liked that it was somewhat cookie cutter and somewhat thrilling and exciting.
    The Marine: So terrible. Love John Cena, but c'mon, you don't live through fire like that... more than once. I kinda liked the quirkiness of it though.

The Lady In The Water- M. Night's worst movie so far.
    “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”- Albert Einstein

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2487501;
    Big Nothing: Exactly what it sounds like. I really didn't like it at all. There were plenty of twists and turns, but I just thought it was a really bad movie.
    I have to completely agree, CA. I didn't have that high of expectations, but there was certainly potential behind the general plot idea, but the movie really fell flat.

I rented the last Harry Potter movie on DVD--Goblet of Fire--and was not thrilled. It was better than the first two, but that's about all I can say for it.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar

I agree with that, as well. It was my favorite book, too. Oh well... I guess the filmmakers can't win 'em all.

For Your Consideration was hilarious, to me. It was over-the-top throughout. Compared to some of the romantic comedies I've been diving into lately, it was an incredible breath of fresh air.

I currently have Les Comperes. It's a French film about a mother who sends her two lovers off in search of her son who has run off with a "loose" girl. I haven't gotten around the watching it yet, but it seems pretty decent to me.

I just rented Bridge to Terabithia. I'm not sure how much I will like it or how I feel about it. I guess we'll all find out when I'm done.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ixcrisxi;2488268;

I just rented Bridge to Terabithia. I'm not sure how much I will like it or how I feel about it. I guess we'll all find out when I'm done.
    Please report back once you've watched it! I absolutely adore the book, and have had very mixed feelings about whether or not I should watch the movie.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar

Have you seen the older version of the movie yet? That might be a good place to start. I don't know. I didn't know that there was a previous book/movie until I saw the two movies on Blockbuster Online. I will definitely report back once I watch it.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Hills Have Eyes 2: I'll admit, I like a good scare every now and then. Even when it's based on a completely silly premise or isn't a terribly good movie. This one was definitely gorier than the first, and there were a few 'shoulder jumps'. It was alright, but not something that would be on everyone's view list.

elk

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2472637;
    Is that Mozart and the Whale? The Squid and the Whale was about a family going through a divorce, and Josh Hartnett was not in it. But your post prompted me to do a search of Josh Hartnett movies, and I found Mozart and the Whale, which is described as a love story about two people who both have Aspergers. Based on your endorsement, I am definitely going to go out and get it. One of my best friend's son has Aspergers, and I have found that when its done really well, fictional accounts of characters with it give all of us who love him REALLY good insight into how he sees the world.
    Veruka: you are right! It was Mozart and the Whale. I agree with your observation; when this subject is done right, the insights provided are valuable. Even though the subject is Asperger's as opposed to autism, I see the repetitive behaviours and anxiety in my son as well as the sweetness and ability to form relationships (contrary to what the media tells us). I know this isn't the thread for it, but have you read "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time"? It is one of the most excellent books I've read on the subject.
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

Shooter: Just saw this over the weekend. I thought it was pretty good. I am most impressed by how much Mark Wahlberg has grown as an actor over the years. I loved the ending.

+ Reply to Thread