+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Allright...I had a blockbuster weekend... Movies Rented::::

The Hitcher (Remake)::: It was pretty good however you can never beat the original. I love Sean Bean!!!!!!

Hannibal Rising: This movie was allright... except the actor that they had playing young Hannibal Lector was very annoying. If another actor would have been chosen I think I would have enjoyed it more.

Apocalypto: Fantastic!!!!!

Touristas: Eeer, we were 40min in and we just looked at each other and said.. that's all there is so far? It was not a good movie. But then again, it was a summer slasher flick.

Pirates (POTC) 2: I haven't seen the first one in a very long time, but I didn't think it would be that difficult coming into this one. I honestly did not like it. I don't know if that's because I wasn't really able to follow a lot of the references, but it was just too long.

The Black Dahlia. The only things this movie has going for it are the haunting music soundtrack and the 1940s visual style. Otherwise, this thing is horrid. Terrible script. Laughable dialogue. And the worst performace I have ever seen, by of all people, a two-time Oscar winner: Hilary Swank! You've got to see it to believe how shamefully bad it was. The Academy should erase her name from their list of past winners.
    B A L A N C E
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag
    and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis
    "what if a much of a which of a wind gives the truth to summer's lie" --e.e. cummings

Bon Cop, Bad Cop: Not a bad movie. Better than I expected and I even understood some of the French without the subtitles. Haha, a real sense of accomplishment from a core-frencher. But it definitely isn't the type of movie I'd nornally go see and that was a pleasant surprise.

Epic Movie: This was just not that good as far as parodies go and my expectations weren't high to begin with. I didn't laugh throughout the entire thing.

Talledaga Nights: The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby: Finally saw this, and it was good! Funny, silly, and everything Will. I'd recommend this movie.

I watched "10 Items Or Less". If you like Morgan Freeman, and I mean really just want to know what it would be like to hang out with him, then this is a good movie.

Not much happens, and it's not that interesting, it's just "hang out with Morgan Freeman for a day on film".

Paz Vega (from Spanglish) was good in the movie, though. Anyone who can hang in the same league as MF for a whole indie film with almost no plot is a good actor.

When A Stranger Calls(Remake)- One of the worst movies Ive ever seen. It was so looooooooong and drawn out and just so boring. Camilla Belle isnt that great of an actress either.

The Return- I started watching it and I fell asleep after the first fourty minutes maybe. It was kinda boring but I need to finish it.

Turistas- Another one of the worst movies Ive ever seen. If it wasnt for Josh Duhamel getting shirtless, I would hate this movie with a firey pashion.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett1616;2442859;
    Turistas- Another one of the worst movies Ive ever seen. If it wasnt for Josh Duhamel getting shirtless, I would hate this movie with a firey pashion.
    He wasn't even shirtless that much! Well not enough for my liking. Haha. Even the "unrated"version was just as terrible.

I actually liked the remake of When A Stranger Calls.

Mysterious Skin- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun) This movie was very good. Hard to watch. About sexual abuse of 2 children and the repurcussions.

Waiting- Finally got around to see this. About food service employees-a rauchy comedy. It was amusing to me because it brought back memories.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Hide and Seek: I did not like this movie at all. I thought it was really bad and pretty predictable. It seemed to go more for being disturbing rather than interesting. I think part of it could be that I've seen Dakota Fanning in too many similar roles.

+ Reply to Thread