+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly) - 10/10

Flawless film. One of the greatest movies ever made.

Per Un Pugno Di Dollari (A Fistful of Dollars) - 8.5/10

Gotta love those Sergio Leone final showdowns. Clint is so awesome.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

Catch and Release -- omg it sucked so bad. It's not often that I find a chick flick that I hate. I am a chick flick lover!
    In this film I was actually rooting for the romance to fail. I think because it was Timothy Olyphant (he looks and sounds so much like Billy Bob Thorton it makes my skin crawl)
    Just, Ick!
    I don't know, maybe I was in a bad mood when I watched it but I hated it.
    I also hate Juliette Lewis so ... there ya go.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Hmmm I actually like Timothy Olyphant. He was awesome in Deadwood. I can't wait to see him in Hitman. I'm glad they didn't get Vin Diesel to play that part.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

dawG I think my problem with Tim Olyphant is that I cant seperate him from his character in "The Girl Next Door" and his resemblance to Billy Bob (who totally grosses me out)
    I have never seen Deadwood - but if a chick flick can't redeem him then I doubt a western will
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Facing the Giants.

Great flick
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2413940;
    dawG I think my problem with Tim Olyphant is that I cant seperate him from his character in "The Girl Next Door"
    Heh. Ya. Well I saw Deadwood before The Girl Next Door so maybe I was able to make the transition easier to that I guess. Seeing that his character in The Girl Next Door is so different than his on Deadwood.

Letters From Iwo Jima

Have to confess I kept falling asleep to this one, so ended up watching snippets of it over a seven hour period. Not for me.

FORT Fan

I rented two documentaries from my local library, Jesus Camp and Who Killed the Electric Car?.

Jesus Camp follows three kids to an Evangelical camp in North Dakota. It was creepy with lots of kids crying and breaking coffee cups with hammers in Jesus's name. Of course, it was meant to be creepy, so I guess the film succeeded there.

Who Killed the Electric Car? starts out with a mock funeral and then tells the story of how the electric car was "killed." It then lists possible suspects, and later announces them guilty or not guilty. Among the accused are car companies themselves (who worked very hard to prove there was no demand for electrics), big oil companies, the federal govt., the California Air Resources Board (who had proposed that 10% of all vehicles sold in Cali. should be no-carbon emission by 2003, then backed-down under pressure), and hydrogen fuel cell technologies. It was an interesting look at how and why electrical vehicles completely disappeared after being touted as the future of automobiles in the early '90s.
    Last edited by Bailey; 05-27-2007 at 05:36 PM.
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

Finally saw Zathura. The youngest boy was so whiny and intolerable I wanted to smack him. He got better near the end but sheesh, he got on my nerves.

Kao

Sublime. I saw a preview of it on my Pan's Labyrinth DVD and thought it looked good. I haven't gotten around to watching it yet though. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread