+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Re: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2357731;
    Notes on a Scandal -- INCREDIBLE acting - but I'm not sure that I ever would expect anything else from Dench and Blanchett. Working together, they were absolutely captivating. The kind of captivating that makes you not want to do a thing but watch them so you don't miss a single subtle facial expression, or anything they do. Story wise, I was pleasantly surprised to discover there was more to it than I'd expected. I enjoyed it - definitely not a waste of time!
    I could not have said it better. I watched it on Saturday and was truly captivated.

Saw Children of men on Friday. It was okay, but I didn't love it as much as others seemed to.

Charlotte's Web: Very cute, very sweet. It wasn't what I thought it would be at all. I was somewhat disappointed but don't ask me why. I can't figure it out myself. I liked it, but ah, I don't know something just wasn't there. However, I'd highly recommend it.
    Night At the Museum: I can totally understand why it made so much at the box office. It was charming, cute, and had a little something for everyone. Loved the museum emsemble!
    The Hitcher: (2006 Remake) So bad. I didn't like it at all. Sophia Bush deserves better roles.
    Deja Vu: Interesting movie, but really didn't take to it. However, I thought that the length of the movie would be too long, but the time seemed to go by relatively quickly. The whole time travel thing had me tripped up with the incontinuities.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar

Flushed Away and Babel. I went in for Night at the Museum, but they were out of stock.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Smokin' Aces: Holy violence batman! It was a lot more violent and had a lot more gore than I anticipated. But I did like it. I loved a lot of the cast, so I think that helped. I had to rewatch the first part twice because I wasn't paying attention and it seems really important to get the first bit of the movie.

FORT Fogey

This weekend I rented Dreamgirls and Little Children.

Dreamgirls - I enjoyed it, but I don't think I understand what all the hype was about. Is it just a rule that if you make a musical with flashy numbers, youre guaranteed an Oscar nod? It started slow I thought, but had me intrigued by the end. And I give a lot of credit to Byonce -- she normally gets on my last nerve, but I really liked her and was rooting for her in this movie.

Little Children - Great movie. I wasn't sure where it was going, but was intrigued enough throughout it to want to know. I kept on wondering what on earth various aspects had to do with the story, but it all tied together when it needed to. It's not the kind of "fun" movie I'd watch over and over again, but definitely worth the time to watch it.

I was needing a Viggo fix and rented some of his old movies:
    The Young Americans
    Vanishing Point
    Indian Runner
    I had a nice marathon on Sunday with the curtains drawn and the lights out.

28 Days Later
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I watched the 2006 version of "All the King's Men" and "Night at the Museum". "King's Men" sucked beyond my expectations. I knew it'd likely be bad given the cast, but it was far worse than I imagined. I had little expectation for "Museum" because Ben Stiller and Robin Williams tend to get on my nerves, but they actually weren't over the top. It was a cute little movie, and not too terribly saccharine.

Bandidas: I thought this movie was extremely fun to watch. The ending happened too quickly for my tastes. I could have watched for Penelope Cruz/Salma Hayak/Steve Zahn all day. Who knew they had such great chemistry together!

Walking Tall: The Payback: Don't bother. At all.

For Your Consideration: It was not that good or funny. The whole time I was watching it, I wished I had rented [B]Best in Show/B].

I am currently making my way through the first season of the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew mysteries from 1976-1977. I forgot how much fun these shows were! I am loving the trip down memory lane. (I was 3 the first time around )

I haven't posted in here for a long time. Some movies were rented - others were downloaded (I'm Canadian - it's not a crime here)

Marie Antoinette - baaad, I like period flicks and this one was almost uncomfortable and painful to watch

The Queen - Loved it - How can you not love Helen Mirren?

The Sentinel - I expected Under Fire but got Under Fire/Guarding Tess / Absolute Power all mixed into one.

Idiocracy - Seriously, if this wouldn't have been a download I would have demanded my money back and a personal apology from the producers.

Thank You For Smoking - I'm a sarcastic bitch.. I loved this movie!

The Guardian - Ok I guess, I liked it but I wouldn't put it in my top 10. It was very predictable.

The Holiday - I liked it so much I watched it twice then I made my mom watch it. Total Chick Flick. 10/10

Devil Wears Prada - Like Firewoman said... liked the movie, LOVED the book.

Gridiron Gang - Loved it! When they showed actual footage of the real coach at the end I started bawling.

Stranger than Fiction - I HATE Will Farrell. I rolled my eyes for months about this movie, then one night I was home alone with nothing to do and I watched it. I LOVED it. There was none of the idiotic Will Farrell 'campyness' it was actually a pleasure to watch.

Children of Men - Pretty good action film - Anything that gives me Clive Owen works for me.

Little Children - The title made me think of pedophiles, the trailer put that fear to rest, the movie freaked me out a bit.

Music & Lyrics - Total chick flick, pretty predictable but still ok.

Red Eye - we were late in seeing this one too, fantastic movie!

Crank - we loved this movie, the action, the story, the ending. All of it.

Night at the Museum - We liked it a whole lot. My 7 yr old watches it daily and is starting to quote from it. The monkey with the keys sends her into fits of giggles everytime.

Stomp the Yard - loved it, rent it!

Bandidas - very fun, I liked it, hubby thought it was hokey

Because I Said So - I liked it. Total Chick Flick, I wouldn 't even think about asking hubby to watch it.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread