+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2230000;
    We rented "The Night Listener" with Robin Williams last night. It was supposed to be spooky, but I mostly just found it dull -- the "mystery" wasn't really that mysterious, and the suspense was barely suspenseful.
    Thanks for this information, Lucy. I'm going to take this out of my waiting list now!
    Last night I rented The Illusionist which I liked a lot, and for something totally different, The World's Fastest Indian, a true story with Anthony Hopkins which I enjoyed also.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Had three snow days in a row, so I got to catch up on movies:
    School for Scoundrels-surprisingly sweet
    American Psycho- I still don't get the ending
    the Believer-Ryan Gosling is incredible in this film
    The Slaugter Rule-don't bother-horrible film that made no sense
    Employee of the Month-I was shocked by how much I really enjoyed this film
    She Gets what she wants-cute, but totally a straight to video film.
    The Marine-WWE trying to turn John Cena into the Rock, but he's not there yet
    Where the Truth Lies-very disturbing film.

Kimrs, good to see your thoughts on these movies because I haven't seen any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2240043;
    Thanks for this information, Lucy. I'm going to take this out of my waiting list now!
    Last night I rented The Illusionist which I liked a lot, and for something totally different, The World's Fastest Indian, a true story with Anthony Hopkins which I enjoyed also.
    We also loved The Illusionist and The World's Fastest Indian, Queenie. This past weekend we rented Sherry Baby with Maggie Gyllenhaal, and although it was certainly raw and gritty, I thought it was a terrific movie. Finally, a movie about multi-dimensional characters (like real life) trying to clean up their act, and how the road to being sober is fraught with temptations and difficulties. Be warned -- it's not a lighthearted movie (and Maggie has several nude scenes), but I loved it for its brutally honest portrayal of a young woman who is floundering.

We also rented The Guardian with Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher. I'm not a big fan of either of them (this was Mr. Rose's pick), but I thought in spite of it being somewhat predictable, perhaps, it was still entertaining.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I saw Marie Antoinnette (2006) starring Kirsten Dunst. I really liked it because it was a period film with gorgeous clothes, and incredible views of France. It focussed on her as a child rising to royalty, her sometimes droll life, and family. It did not go into her arrest and ultimate beheading. Two thumbs up.

I also saw Stuck On You, (2003)a comedy about conjoined adult twins trying to make it big in Hollywood. Stars Matt Damon, Greg Kinnear and Eva Mendes. Ok if you are looking for something silly.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I just recently watched a few movies.

The Illusionist - I enjoyed this, although a bit hard to follow.
    The Prestige - different, but not quite as good as, The Illusionist.
    Babel - Brad Pitt's Syriana, but a whole lot more boring, and I didn't think that was possible.
    The Sentinel - I was prepared for the worst, but was pleasantly entertained by this one.
    Unknown - I had no idea what this plot was about at all, the entire time. Backstory, people!
    Idiocracy - stupid, but not quite as bad as I'd thought it was going to be.
    Factotum - this one COMPLETELY sucked. Time I'll never get back.
    The Devil Wears Prada - cute, with funny moments. A good time-killer movie.
    Thank You For Smoking - I enjoyed this one.
    16 Blocks - if you can make it through this movie, you're a better person than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by John;2255652;
    I just recently watched a few movies.

The Illusionist - I enjoyed this, although a bit hard to follow.
    The Prestige - different, but not quite as good as, The Illusionist.
    I keep getting these two mixed up, and I have no idea which one is in my Blockbuster queue.

QueenB, I liked "The World's Fastest Indian," too.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Lucy, you should have both of the 'magic' movies in queue; they're both good and they are not that alike other than the fact that they're both about magicians.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

The Guardian: Even though I was able to predict the ending about two minuts into the film, the movie was worth it. Kevin Costner is incredible in this film! I was totally engrossed for the entire 2+ hours. Loved this movie, only rented it because I am not much of an Ashton Kutcher fan, but i will definitely be buying it now.

You, Me and Dupree - love Kate Hudson, but this was a little flat. I just don't get the Owen Wilson love. He's unattractive and I don't think he's a very good actor.

yeah, this one was a dud to me to, I like Kate and Owen, but not in this movie...it wasnt that funny..the previews were the best parts.

"the night listener" I think it went straight to DVD, but it is in the new releases. It was a really really good movie, except I wasnt crazy about the end, however it was based on a true story so they couldnt really end it different...It is starring Robin Williams and Tony Collette(In Her Shoes, Little Miss Sunshine) It uses the "F" word a lot, so if that bothers you then you wouldnt want to watch it, but all in all good dramatic role for Robin.A

Running With Scissors: Eh, Id say pass on this one. It wasnt one that I turned off because I didnt like it, but it was definitely odd, kind of a "huh?" movie...Id say not even worth a rent, which dissapoints me because reviewers said that it was better then it seemed. Thats why I dont listen to the critics lol D

The rest stop: Scary movie in the vein of "the texas chainsaw massacre" where the people that the girl runs into are really strange, a lot of the movie didnt flow well, it kept you interested, but it left you confused at the end...it didnt really end well and there were a couple of places where it didnt really make sense...and they never explained those parts that didnt make sense, so your wondering what in the world is going on lol If you like scary movies where the storyline leaves much to be desired then watch this one, if you only like scary movies with a point, then skip it. C
    Last edited by srs_in_Oregon; 03-13-2007 at 01:32 PM.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Im watching the first half of the second season of the L word.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread