+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Basic Instinct 2: Yeah, I knew it had bad reviews but I put it on my Blockbuster list anyway. Don't make the same mistake I did. Bad acting, bad dialogue...even the sex scenes were bad. Two hours of my life I'll never get back.

The Descent: Bunch of women go cave exploring and run into some unexpected, creepy things down in the dark caves. Not for the claustrophobic, for sure. Odd ending, but I liked it overall. Watch the blooper reel at the end!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

The Dust Factory: a young boy drowns and go to a place in between life and death where he gets to meet and fall in love with a young girl and finally get to know his gradfather, an Althzheimer's sufferer. Amazing movie. Great cast and very heart-warming.

Deception: Andie McDowell plays a widow who tries to find out to what happened to her dead husband, Viggo Mortensen. Good drama and suspense. She gets to have a romance with Liam Neeson and we get to see some nice flashbacks of her married life. And it has Viggo Mortensen in it!

Just watched Beerfest and Pledge This. Both ok movies, with Beerfest definitely being the funnier of the two. Pledge This is a National Lampoon's movie that went straight to video for a VERY good reason.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    You, Me and Dupree - love Kate Hudson, but this was a little flat. I just don't get the Owen Wilson love. He's unattractive and I don't think he's a very good actor.

Invincible and Coach Carter - both good movies.

I watched Good Night and Good Luck this afternoon. Its about Edward R. Murrow trying to stop Sen. Mc Carthy during his anti-communist hearings back in the 50s. Its filmed in black and white, Geroge Clooney directed and appears in it. Fascinating look at fear and suspicion running amok.

Does On Demand count? 'Cause I just finally got a chance to watch the movie "Body Double" Man what a messed up movie!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

This weekend, we hunkered down and rented a bunch of movies.
    See No Evil- wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but still not that great
    Little Miss Sunshine- loved it so much
    The Devil Wears Prada- I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Loved the clothes.
    Snakes on a Plane- well technically, we own this, but I watched it again. Love the cheesy 'b' film goodness
    Click- I thought it was cute. Liked all the roles except Kate's for some reason.
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning- It was pretty much an exact replica of the orginal. I thought it was pretty bad.
    Gridiron Gang- The Rock did good. Kinda cheesy, but overall a decent football movie.
    X-Men 3- I enjoyed it and I had remained relatively spoiler free about it, so the deaths were actually quite a surprise!
    House of the Dead II- Wow, what a terrible movie! I thought it would be Resident Evil-esq, but no, it was much worse.

Thank You for Smoking: what a clever movie! I was so engaged that I coudn't believe how quickly 90 minutes could be!

I have On Demand now too so I'm catching up on some movies.

Sin City - What a bizarre movie. Not in a bad way but definitely different than my usual type of movie.

Eight Below - I got teary-eyed of course. I really never could forgive the girl who didn't go back after she promised.

Ultraviolet - I fell asleep during the last 20 minutes. I just couldn't get into it.

The Fog (remake) - Stupid.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Something New
    LOVED this movie! Almost right up there with Love and Basketball as Sanaa Lathan's two great films. Simon Baker was adorable and heart-breaking.

+ Reply to Thread