+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I just saw Little Miss Sushine. Thought it had it's moments. Nothing spectacular. Steve Carrell did a GREAT job though. Also saw Pulse. That stunk. And also saw You Me and Dupree and was not impressed. I love Kate Hudson but not in this flick. And last but not least, I saw Pirates of the Car. 2 and could the movie have been any longer? It was alright. i preferred the first one.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

My son and I picked up a horror movie named Feast. It had several actors in it that we all watch on tv or in movies all the time but was a small release film. It was actually amazingly bloody but funny as he**! Jason Mewes played himself and it was delightful. I recommend if you like B-movie Horror films!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2198779;
    My son and I picked up a horror movie named Feast. It had several actors in it that we all watch on tv or in movies all the time but was a small release film. It was actually amazingly bloody but funny as he**! Jason Mewes played himself and it was delightful. I recommend if you like B-movie Horror films!

I bought it because I watched the making of it on Project Greenlight. I was a bit surprised
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Eric Dane (the "hero") didn't have a bigger part. From the PG show it appeared his role would be bigger. Don't know if they edited it down or if it was always meant to be written the way it was.
    But for a B horror flick it was funny, and yes, gory!

Oh I agree ACF. I wanted more of him too!
    Yup, with donuts!!

We just rented "The Break-up". It wasn't as annoying as I thought it was going to be even though I have to sway I don't like Vince Vaughn. The only time he looked halfway decent was right at the end in the last minute of the entire movie. It was really a stretch to imagine that Jennifer Aniston would go for someone like him - on and off camera - but overall I enjoyed the movie.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey
    "snake on the plane". it's was just ok.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2198779;
    Oh my goodness there are actually people out there who know what this movie is . I rented it off pay per view a while back and thought it was such a campy B-movie. I was very surprised certain actors didn't have a larger role and that certain actors came into larger roles as the movie progressed. I especially liked the "text" descriptions of the characters especially after the "hero"
    Click to see Spoiler:
    aka Eric Dane died and how the new heroine got the title with something along the lines of "hopefully better luck for her". And she ends up dying anyways

Bandidas 2006
    Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz are two bank robbers fighting to save Mexico's land for the people. I thought the movie was cute. PG13

[QUOTE=canadian_angel;2200315;]Oh my goodness there are actually people out there who know what this movie is . I rented it off pay per view a while back and thought it was such a campy B-movie. I was very surprised certain actors didn't have a larger role and that certain actors came into larger roles as the movie progressed. I especially liked the "text" descriptions of the characters especially after the "hero"QUOTE]

It was refreshing to say the least. I too liked their descriptions of the characters. My son wants me to buy it because he feels it may end up being one of those must have movies like Evil Dead.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I just watched:
    Thirteen: frighteningly realistic movie. I thought the acting was superb and the kids were spot on as the descended into drug/alcohol/sex addiction
    The Returner: Japanese movie about a young girl from the future who comes back to the year 2004 to save mankind from its future annihilation at the hands of alien invaders. I rented it because it had Takeshi Kaneshiro from House of Flying Daggers and I loved him in that! Ok movie once you get past the subtitles. He looks amazing in this calf length leather jacket.
    Elizabethtown: I heard so many bad things about this movie, but I really liked it. The memorial service had me in tears and laughter. Susan Sarandon has a minimal role but she was incredible.
    Idiocracy: Luke Wilson was frozen and wakes up in the year 2505 to be the smartest man in the world. HORRIBLE. Don't waste a penny on this movie!

+ Reply to Thread