+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

We have rented a few movies this month....hey it's cold outside...

The Lake House--watched it on a coast to coast plane flight....enjoyed it

Devil Wears Prada..suppose to be a comedy....but watching cut out parts while listening to the commentary at the end of the DVD (special features)...I think they edited out most of the funny parts. I just had a hard time laughing over rude and insensitivity....but I really liked the movie....Thought her boyfriend was a huge jerk.

Little Miss Sunshine.....Well, the 100,000 F-words were pretty distracting to me, but the story was interesting. Reminded me of eons ago of my old VW bug....had to park on a hill too

Medea's Family ReunionHilarious.....Tyler Perry was great....lot's of great African American humor...

Anchorman Had some funny parts and some not so funny parts...
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fogey
    I also just rented Little Miss Sunshine, and I absolutely LOVED it. I think that it's a movie that I'll end up buying I liked it so much.

I also rented My Super Ex-Girlfriend, becuase I had a free rental, so I decided to take the risk. My expectations were low to start, and it was even worse than I expected. It's no wonder it was out of theaters so quickly. It stunk.

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby rented with low expectations and thoroughly enjoyed the slapstick humor and lampooning of Nascar culture to such an extreme. It has some very funny parts. The deleted scenes are a bit lengthy, and most are just Will and costars ad libbing and laughing through a few specific scenes over and over.

Except there is one deleted scene that was funnier than anything in the movie, and it has to do with Ricky's new potential money-making scheme involving his flatulence. It's a keeper.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2191893;
    I also just rented Little Miss Sunshine, and I absolutely LOVED it. I think that it's a movie that I'll end up buying I liked it so much.
    It was definitely adorable! The little girl reminds me of the one in Blind Melon's video and the little Bernice in Hope Floats. Too sweet.. and I loved her pageant routine.

I also have The DaVinci Code, but haven't watched it yet.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I finally saw Wedding Crashers and Click. Wedding Crashers had me while Click was a bit disappointing.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Just saw "Step Up" and "Beowulf and Grendel". The former attracted me because I'm a sucker for dance movies. Most disappoint and this one somewhat did too with it's utter predictability. Still, not a total loss.

"Beowulf" was great. I'm also a sucker for historical movies, and this one was very good. The scenery was breathtaking and the story has relevance even today. Oh, and Gerard Butler.
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 01-01-2007 at 11:26 PM.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Add me to those who loved Little Miss Sunshine. The little girl was adorable. Probably the only sane one in a totally dysfunctional, yet lovable family.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2193374;
    Add me to those who loved Little Miss Sunshine. The little girl was adorable. Probably the only sane one in a totally dysfunctional, yet lovable family.
    I agree, the little was adorable and the most believable character...saw her on Conan last night and they danced together....too funny
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Newbie

Last Kiss DVD.. anyone fight with sig other?

So I had to watch "The Last Kiss" DVD with my girlfriend. I was shocked that i actually liked it. We fought over what would happen if I cheated on her. Have you seen this? I havn't seen the italian version yet. I think the ending is different.
    Aol movie phone has good clips. It doesn't sell well in the trailer, but the film is good for anyone in a relationship of anykind (or out of one)
    Tim

I watched "You, Me & Dupree" last night, and I drifted off to sleep twice. Being a total insomniac, I think I've finally found my cure, since that movie is boring as heck. Total waste of Kate Hudson, who can be pretty funny.

I've got "Little Miss Sunshine" on the agenda for the evening (thank you, free month of Blockbuster online rentals!) I hope it's good.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread