+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I watched The World Trade Center yesterday. I was disappointed in it. It dragged on and the acting was not convincing. It doesn't help that but hubby and I don't like Nicolas Cage. We still wanted to give the movie a chance, for obvious reasons. United 93 was better.

My son and I sat through all 999 hours of Superman Returns. Seriously. That movie had so many places it could have ended and it just kept going. Not my favorite by far.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Oh, no. I have that one rented but I haven't watched it yet.

I watched King Kong this past weekend. They really could have cut it a bit shorter (3 hours long) but overall it wasn't bad. I was really surprised that I didn't hate Jack Black in that role, I thought he might overplay it like he does in some of his movies. But, not bad.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I bought hubby Ice Age The Meltdown for Christmas and we watched it yesterday. He laughed his @*s off. It was really good. Now, all I have to do is watch the first one and I'll be all caught up
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2187907;
    I bought hubby Ice Age The Meltdown for Christmas and we watched it yesterday. He laughed his @*s off. It was really good. Now, all I have to do is watch the first one and I'll be all caught up
    OMG...my son and I went to the theater to see that one and I laughed so hard during that movie....a funny part would be over with and I would think of it again later and I'd get to giggling again.

I got that movie for him for Christmas and since he's at his dad's right now and I'm cooped up here with a cold, I might watch that again!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2187921;
    OMG...my son and I went to the theater to see that one and I laughed so hard during that movie....a funny part would be over with and I would think of it again later and I'd get to giggling again.
    Oh you sound just like hubby. His favorite parts are with the squirrel. He'd laugh for about 10 minutes after those parts.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2188030;
    Oh you sound just like hubby. His favorite parts are with the squirrel. He'd laugh for about 10 minutes after those parts.
    Yep it was the squirrel that made my giggle box get turned upside down....bless his heart he kept trying to catch that nut.....it makes me giggle right now just thinking about it!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

The Black Dahlia (R)
    This movie received really bad reviews, But, I loved it. It does have a few too many stories going on at the same time, and one has to pay super close attention to get all the plots. When watching a film noir movie I try to remember it's going to be a bit campy. Some overacting and some acting like they may be lost. (Josh Hartnett, his nude scene makes up for some of the bad acting! ) 4/5 IMO

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2188072;
    Yep it was the squirrel that made my giggle box get turned upside down....bless his heart he kept trying to catch that nut.....it makes me giggle right now just thinking about it!!!
    Me too bbnbama

I just watched The Family Stone. It was really cute and had some really funny parts in it

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2187635;
    School of Life: David Paymer and Ryan Reynolds play teachers at a middle school who are in a one-way competition for teacher of the year. I saw this in a preview and it looked good. It was one of the best movies i have ever seen, but to warn you it is at least a three-tissue movie.
    3-Way: Dominic Purcell. Enough said. But seriously, a lot of twists and turn and it was an extremely entertaining movie. Did I mention Dominic Purcell?
    Oooooh, I hadn't heard of either of those, but I must run out and get them. I can simply do a freeze-frame on Dominic Purcell for two hours and be entertained... *sigh*

And after crying my way through We Are Marshall, I'm not sure I can take another three-tissue movie... but that sounds good.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread