+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    I've rented 'Everything Is Illuminated' for tonight. Gonna watch it with some friends
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

Just watched "Friends With Money." Didn't care for it too much. Uneven writing, storylines not really fleshed out, unsatisfying ending. IMO

Good news is that I didn't rent it, someone else did.

Just watched See No Evil and am now watching the remake of The Omen.
    See No Evil: Not bad. Not the scariest horror movie I've ever seen but still pretty creepy. Funny how Kane doesn't even have to say anything to scare the crap out of people. He only had 2 lines the whole movie but he was still really scary.
    The Omen: Wow! Very close to the orginal. Did anyone see the original in the 70's. A couple of things I don't remember from that one were
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the father finding out that they actually had taken his real son and killed him (found the skeletal remains in a grave) and I don't remember Mrs. Baylock actually killing (?) the wife in the original. In this one, it looks like she killed the wife but I don't remember that from the original. Did that happen?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2154861;
    Just watched Click and X-Men The Last Stand
    X-Men-The Last Stand: Loved it! Even as someone who never read the comic books, I loved every one of these movies. I was extremely disappointed that (I'll spoiler for those who have not seen it)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Xavier died. I was like "How can you even finish the movie without him??
    But all in all a very good flick.
    Had to respond to your spoiler
    Click to see Spoiler:
    there is a final scene after all of the credits that really blows your mind about Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2162503;
    Had to respond to your spoiler
    Click to see Spoiler:
    there is a final scene after all of the credits that really blows your mind about Xavier
    Darn! And I shut it off after the credits. Now on the DVD that I rented, you had a choice. Join the Brotherhood or Take a Stand. I chose Take A Stand. What would the difference have been if I chose Join The Brotherhood?? Was the story told any differently?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Okay, I watched Superman Returns and the end was a little anticlimatic in my opinion. Although I must say that Spacey made a great Luthor!

FORT Fogey
    This weekend, I rented The Groomsmen and American Dreamz.

I adore Ed Burns (with the possible exception of Ash Wednesday) so I was dying to see The Groomsmen. Initially watching it, I didn't really love it. But I watched the director's commentary the next morning, then went back to watch several scenes, and enjoyed it a lot more. I think it's a movie I'd buy up when it ends up on a previously viewed shelf. It fails in the same way that many Burns films fail - he knows in his mind who the characters are, but usually takes too long to let the viewer know who they really are. But now that I know who they are, I would really enjoy it more in additional viewings.

American Dreamz was entertaning. But I think the best movies that really make a statement on the world we're living in right now are far more creative than this one was. I didn't feel like I'd wasted my time watching it, but I can't say I'd watch it over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2162722;
    Darn! And I shut it off after the credits. Now on the DVD that I rented, you had a choice. Join the Brotherhood or Take a Stand. I chose Take A Stand. What would the difference have been if I chose Join The Brotherhood?? Was the story told any differently?
    No it's absolutely the same thing. I bought the movie and there is no difference no matter which side you pick. The menu is just designed differently.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    These days I'm afraid to leave a movie until the last credit has rolled!! Arrgh!! I come here when a new one comes out hoping someone will warn us when we need to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2165581;
    These days I'm afraid to leave a movie until the last credit has rolled!! Arrgh!! I come here when a new one comes out hoping someone will warn us when we need to stay.

I have a subscription to Entertainment Weekly, they are really good at spoiling movies.

Just saw Everything You Want. It was cute with Shiri Appleby from Roswell. She played a woman with an imaginary friend/boyfriend who falls for a real guy and doesn't know how to "break up" with her imaginary guy.

Next to watch; The Miracle Match.

+ Reply to Thread