+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Last movies rented were
    Click: surprisingly good. I bawled like a baby for the last 20 minutes or so.
    Mission Impossible III: Ok, but way too predictable. Bad Guys were too obvious and the ending was too cute.

Still to watch: Stay Alive and Thank You for Smoking

The last movie I rented that I really enjoyed was The Lost City starring Andy Garcia. It was about Cuba in 1958-1959 and the rise of Fidel Castro to power. Garcia was the owner of a classy nightclub in Havana. He is the oldest son of an affluent college professor. His younger brothers join various rebel factions, but he just wants to enjoy his life, his club, and his family. I really enjoyed the movie and learned quite a bit about what happened to people during that time of turmoil. I think this movie went straight to video - it was dated 2005.

I watched Garfield: A tail of two kitties yesterday and laughed so hard I think I was in tears! So adorable. Now I'm watching Curious George. Great for little little children. It's cute. A little sad but cute.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I have rented SO many bad movies lately:

I hated Click, I was so disappointed in that movie.

Lucky Number Slevin was bad, too.

The Lake House was so-so. I like both the actors, but it was a very slow movie. I wouldn't want to watch it again.

The Break-Up was just bad. And I love Vince Vaughn.

On the plus side:

Mission Impossible 3 was surprisingly good. Philip Seymour Hoffman is creepy as heck in it. Great action movie.

X-Men 3 was fantastic. I won't say much about it because I don't want to spoil it for anyone else, though. I am a huge X-Men fan. Wolverine kicks butt.

And in a very special category, all by itself because it's horrible beyond words....

Save The Last Dance 2. Okay, the original wasn't THAT good, but it was okay, and the dancing was interesting. The second "2" started up and I saw it was made by MTV films, I cringed, and WOW was I right. It's completely awful, and a waste of time. It would be a waste of money, too, but I'm on a free on-line trial. The actress in "2" is one of the worst I've ever seen. She makes the concrete actress who was in Dirty Dancing Havana Nights look like Meryl Streep.

And now that I have shamed myself by admitting I watch things like Dirty Dancing Havana Nights, I will slink off.....
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

i rented Click and my boyfried and i both thought it was really funny, it also was a little sad at the end

I saw Prime - had some funny moments, then it dragged, and the ending was a disappointment.

The Sentinel - So boring! I kept waiting for some twist because surely one was coming based on how predictable the movie was, and then no twist. A big letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2142924;
    I saw Prime - had some funny moments, then it dragged, and the ending was a disappointment.

The Sentinel - So boring! I kept waiting for some twist because surely one was coming based on how predictable the movie was, and then no twist. A big letdown.

Prime really disappointed me too. I thought it was a total non-ending.
    (The fact that I thought the movie was about math had nothing to do with it )

We saw the March of the Penguins last weekend. Beautiful, and so touching. I love birds, and how can anyone resist a penguin is beyond me, but now I also admire them. Those are some tough little animals.

I rented Flightplan and got halfway through it, then it started skipping uncontrollably and no amount of cleaning helped. I tried it in the Xbox and the computer, too, no dice. Grrr. Just when it was getting interesting. I hate that.

Before that I saw Capote (which was surprisingly good, I thought I'd be bored) and The Transporter 2 (which was predictably bad, my husband's movie and he fell asleep before it was over).

Just watched Click and X-Men The Last Stand
    X-Men-The Last Stand: Loved it! Even as someone who never read the comic books, I loved every one of these movies. I was extremely disappointed that (I'll spoiler for those who have not seen it)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Xavier died. I was like "How can you even finish the movie without him??
    But all in all a very good flick.
    Click: I don't care what the nay-sayers say. I loved loved loved loved loved this movie! I laughed and cried. I've always loved Sandler and IMHO, he was brilliant in this movie. Kate Beckensale (sp?) looked so different to me. And I loved seeing him reunited with Henry Winkler and of course Roy Sheider (sp?). I will definitely be owning this movie. Now later on today, my husband and I will watch Christmas With The Cranks. I've seen it 2 times but only after the daughter says she's coming home and they have to race to get Christmas ready. I have yet to see it from the very beginning. My next rents will be the new version of The Omen and Stay Alive. I love scary movies but my husband does not so I will be watching those alone.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread